Canada

ChameleoG

After looking at the forums a lot of u guys are from Canada and im just wondering how many of u r. Im not though im from alabama im just wondering if keeping chameleons is a northernish thing

I have yet to actually meet another canadian cham keeper (then again I'm from the low populated maritimes). Hence I went looking for a forum site about chams for info and to talk about everything chammy. I don't think cham keeping is more frequent in Canada than the USA.

I don't think there are many Pros to keeping chameleons in Canada, nor the northern states who share the similar climate.

• Winter is below Freezing, and Fall (Autumn) and early spring are generally too cold or temperatures too inconsistent to have chameleons outside.
  • Humidity for about half of the year is pretty much non existent, to the point where you don't need to dry off after a shower, as the air leaches water.
  • Summer heat in many places will rise above acceptable levels for even the warmer species. It will get hot!
  • Most cities, even urban hotspots, have plenty of native wildlife in them. raccoons, skunks & rats among other things usually make it so that it's not possible to keep chameleons outdoors over night.
  • Even though our temperatures would be less likely to overheat species from cooler natural habitats, it is very difficult to provide the needed humidity when ambients sits a 0-15%, especially while still providing adequate ventilation and ensuring bacteria does not collect.
If it weren't for the natural disasters down south, I would nothing but envy you in Florida, California and the similar states likewise.

Back
Top Bottom