Can you help me identify?

You are so right. Right now that I am here, I will do the best of the situation. In fact after reading all of you guys comments, I feel pretty happy to have this little guy. I thought about the bioactive, but I don't know a lot about it. Can you do it on a mesh enclosure? I mean, the bottom is mesh and I could do something around it, in order to have the substrate enclosed and so on, but I mean, would springtails stay inside the mesh? If you have some info about this, I'd very much appreciate it!
Try to find a planter the size of your enclosure and put the enclosure on top of it and remove the bottom plate or mesh. Then the planter can be made bioactive (check the blog https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/intro-to-bio-activity.2429/) and you make a drainage in it.
This way you’ll get the most amazing micro jungle and don’t loose height / space due the bioactive soil thickness.

It was a bit an insider joke 😛 (which you will notice within shortness of time), they tend to seek for extreme uvb exposure for a few minutes per day. That will be only time they bask, the rest they’re roaming around like crazy.
Oh I totally missed that part and the joke xD. I actually meant to quote dinomom:
Adding to this my care, since I am in Orange CA. I also have to use AC at night, I set it on 70 and then I use a Repticooler (get from Ken's Fish) which incorporates a fan and reduces temp to about 64-65 near it-and that is where he sleeps. Definitely a fogger at night and I use the same schedule as Sonny. In winter we do not use the heat so he is happiest then :)

I wish I knew, in order to avoid it. Could it be the shipping? I was very particular in making sure every parameter was set to almost perfection. I feel so bad for the poor guy, I said I'd give him the best life and a few days later he was gone.
He was NOT showing any weirdness. He was very active, eating and all. I have no idea what could have happened. I'm so sad.

I wish I knew, in order to avoid it. Could it be the shipping? I was very particular in making sure every parameter was set to almost perfection. I feel so bad for the poor guy, I said I'd give him the best life and a few days later he was gone.
He was NOT showing any weirdness. He was very active, eating and all. I have no idea what could have happened. I'm so sad.
You totally don't have to but maybe a pic would help?

I wish I could put a trigger warning because it is a little disturbing for me to see, but for educational purposes, maybe it could help?

He was laying like that at the bottom of the cage. Last night he was chilling walking around.

If you have ideas of what could have killed him, please conjecture away, I would really like to learn from this.

Also, advise with the enclosure and the LIVE plants that ere in there?

Attachments

• tempImageLTQwJn.png
    tempImageLTQwJn.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
I wish I could put a trigger warning because it is a little disturbing for me to see, but for educational purposes, maybe it could help?

He was laying like that at the bottom of the cage. Last night he was chilling walking around.

If you have ideas of what could have killed him, please conjecture away, I would really like to learn from this.

@kinyonga @Beman @ERKleRose @MissSkittles

I’m really sorry, but this is many times the true story with these wc exotic species and yes shipping could have been the problem or an under laying disease or stress or the combined of before mentioned, who knows. More important is i.e. to share who sold you an animal of which no information could be supplied, to prevent this would happen again.
That saying, I would never doubt you would give him the best life he could ever have. Bless you for at least trying 👏🏻

Sorry for your loss but I'm not sure if posting a deceased cham on hear is such a good idea. Some folks on hear get pretty upset. Sorry for your cham. That sucks

Really sorry to read this. They need a temperature drop of at least 10 degrees at night, did you provide him with this?

Last edited:
I’m really sorry, but this is many times the true story with these wc exotic species and yes shipping could have been the problem or an under laying disease or stress or the combined of before mentioned, who knows. More important is i.e. to share who sold you an animal of which no information could be supplied, to prevent this would happen again.
That saying, I would never doubt you would give him the best life he could ever have. Bless you for at least trying 👏🏻

Underground reptiles.

I started this threat saying I made a mistake and I still regret not having done my homework more about the animal and the place he was coming from. I didn't think it through and I greatly regret it. But maybe, if those were the real reasons and I wasn't such a bad keeper (I do feel guilty that I might not have done the best thing, but I think I did) this would have happened to other people. And even worse it will keep happening because they are very easy to find and buy (and in my humble opinion these particular guys should be kept to attempt breeding, I don't subscribe to taking them from their habitat just to show them off, no judgment tho whoever do this, this is, again, just my opinion).

Thank you for the support

Sorry for your loss but I'm not sure if posting a deceased cham on hear is such a good idea. Some folks on hear get pretty upset. Sorry for your cham. That sucks
I would. I only added it because it was requested, but if you want me to delete it I can, or an admin can do it and I will totally understand.

Underground reptiles.

I started this threat saying I made a mistake and I still regret not having done my homework more about the animal and the place he was coming from. I didn't think it through and I greatly regret it. But maybe, if those were the real reasons and I wasn't such a bad keeper (I do feel guilty that I might not have done the best thing, but I think I did) this would have happened to other people. And even worse it will keep happening because they are very easy to find and buy (and in my humble opinion these particular guys should be kept to attempt breeding, I don't subscribe to taking them from their habitat just to show them off, no judgment tho whoever do this, this is, again, just my opinion).

I’m sorry for my comment, but there where two similar threads and I mixed them up with replying. Therefore please ignore my comment it was meant for someone else. And I’m really, really sorry for your lost 👏🏻👏🏻

Don’t feel sorry, you did your best. To another member here happened the same, even after a few months. He also died all the sudden over night from active good eating to died in one night.

Underground reptiles.

That is who I expected it was. They say there chams are field-collected; meaning you have no idea of the age of this little guy and as others have stated, the stress of shipping is no picnic for their immune systems.

Regardless of what parameters you provided, I don't think there is anything you did that is to blame in so short of a time.

So very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom