Can this be use as extension to cage?

Jingi

Hi everybody!
I am pretty new to this, so I´d like few advices please. I´ve got a pair of a veiled chameleons. They are doing okay so far, but since they are out-growing their cage, I have to get a new one pretty soon! But until then, I decided to make them extension. The first one failed, as one branch broke right under my female cham.
Then I got something like is shown below. Can this be used as a temporary extension? I moved it close to cage, so they climb on it when they want.

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_204746.jpg
    IMG_20170426_204746.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 401
I would suggest getting 2 new cages and separating them (if they are in the same cage as it seems they are from your description) and only put them together if you are planning on mating them.

As long as it's safe i don't see why a cham can't climb on it, but i think you need to research a little more. 2 should not be kept together which makes it kind of difficult to answer your question. as for the free range spot though, a few hours a day is probably fine, but 24/7 might take Away from their time under uvb, misting, etc.

Sorry don't mean to come off offensive, it's just what you'll end up hearing from people here. I wish you the best of luck!

As long as it's safe i don't see why a cham can't climb on it, but i think you need to research a little more. 2 should not be kept together which makes it kind of difficult to answer your question. as for the free range spot though, a few hours a day is probably fine, but 24/7 might take Away from their time under uvb, misting, etc.

Sorry don't mean to come off offensive, it's just what you'll end up hearing from people here. I wish you the best of luck!
I am well aware that two chams in one cage is not good way. And I don´t keep the free range accessible all the time, just few moments.

I am well aware that two chams in one cage is not good way. And I don´t keep the free range accessible all the time, just few moments.
So why not separate might make the cage you have suitable for one of them... if you use this maybe think of hanging lights over it so they can still get heat/uvb, and mist them while out.

So why not separate might make the cage you have suitable for one of them... if you use this maybe think of hanging lights over it so they can still get heat/uvb, and mist them while out.
Why reply now, when everything is different? I have them seperated.

I'm not really offering it to make money. I just went out the other day and cut some down for me and realized a lot of Cham owners out there don't have access to the stuff. So I figure, I'll send someone all they want if they cover my gas (10bucks) and their shipping. We have giant manzanita over here so the pieces I can get really vary. I can cut live manzanita and leave it with the leaves or send sticks, live or dead. Although the dead is usually harder to find. The live has a beautiful deep red color bark/skin and bright green leaves that stay alive over a month after you cut it.

Attachments

• 1523805519765335914201778036484.jpg
    1523805519765335914201778036484.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top Bottom