Can someone answer a few questions for me?

The gauges isn´t that expensive. In sweden they cost around 15-30 CAD (todays exchange rate). But it costs a bit to have a cham.

There is also gauges that measure temp and humidity. They usually cost a little more then the regular ones.

Yes, chams can bite and from what I´ve heard pretty hard. My cham has just tried to bite me and I dont want to try and see how it feels. So I think if you get a Veiled you will see that it tries =).

lol that kind of puts me off...

maybe i should just get a gold fish. :(

hahaha, but seriously... argh i'm so on the fence. i really like the idea of having something to look at in my room, and having a little hobby is fun but hmmmm. i suppose you could always use gloves when you handle them. they don't exactly seem to be too mean spirited though. i just watched that video of the guy (forgot username) that foudn the jacksons in the wild and he picked that thing right up.

How big will a veiled get?

edit: wow... searched for pics of adults and they get quite big.

Lizard268.jpg

Last edited:
I would reccomend you to go to visit someone who has a chameleon and see what its like...
If you are not certain that you want one, than you are not ready...these animals need attention like a baby...so, better start with something else and see if you like reptiles at all...
F.

I would reccomend you to go to visit someone who has a chameleon and see what its like...
If you are not certain that you want one, than you are not ready...these animals need attention like a baby...so, better start with something else and see if you like reptiles at all...
F.

I'm cool with workload/ hobby side of it. I just want he/she to be able to come out of it's cage and sit on my keyboard or what have you, while i hang out.

Have you thought about Brearded Dragons? Very handleable and enjoy being out. You can set up a heat lamp on your desk and they will sit right there under it. A bit less care than a cham.

Or maybe a leopard gecko, they also enjoy beeing handled and are easy to mantain and are also great looking pets...

Have you thought about Brearded Dragons? Very handleable and enjoy being out. You can set up a heat lamp on your desk and they will sit right there under it. A bit less care than a cham.

i saw one when i was looking at this cham and damn that is one scary looking mofo! it's feet were nearly as big as my hands, lol.

Are you sure you were looking at a Beardie? They are large-but they are cute as can be! I have no room or I would have one.

Back
Top Bottom