can I?

It's not a good idea to house them together. He will probably want to mate all the time and the female will become gravid and stressed. Also that is not a big enough enclosure to house 2.

If you are new to chameleons then its a great idea to build up experience before diving in abd getting more (although its so tempting to just start a cham farm in the living room :D)

Here is a pic of the home....

Attachments

• 20130429_171602.jpg
    20130429_171602.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 102
I would take the rocks/substrate out immediately. If your jacks missed a cricket an ate a rock or dirt by accident you would have a nice vet bill.

Yeah that's a perfect substrate setup for a ri. Not trying to be rude just help you. :) if you have potted plants put large clean river rocks or screen over the dirt. Also removing the substrate will help with drainage

I'm always glad to see people asking questions before doing things.
This caresheet has reliable info about Jackson's, although I use calcium dust without D3 every other feeding, with D3 1x a month and multivitamin powder 1x a month--more often than that is too much.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/
Petstores very often give advice to do things that can actually harm your chameleon, so you'd be wise to have a look at the caresheet and ask questions.
As for keeping a pair of Jackson's together--people here don't do it because it would require a ridiculously large custom built cage in order to keep both chams happy--so people keep them separately in easier to manage but still large sized cages.

Thx a lot people. This is an awesome forum. I will replace small rocks with big ones. So just to be clear...I should use calcium powder 1-2 times a week?

Back
Top Bottom