Can I wash my cham?

Sydamestkaine

Hi, so today I was painting and my little guy was sitting on my shoulder for a little while and without me noticing he climbed on the table where my paints were and he stepped into one paint pot... and now his one leg is yellow, I straight took him to the sink to try to get the most of the paint away but he still has a yellow stain on his leg now.. So my question is can I wash him somehow to get the rid of the yellow stain? ??

get a q tip and scrub gently i dont think ive ever heard of this b4 now ive seen it all... ?

If it is just mild stain and not paint (that would tighten and dry to restrict movement), I would probably leave it alone. It will come off with the shed if its just stained.

I would not further bathe it or scrub the skin. If its a bit much you could very gently dab a bit of mineral oil over the area but very little is needed, and no scrubbing.

If it is just mild stain and not paint (that would tighten and dry to restrict movement), I would probably leave it alone. It will come off with the shed if its just stained.

I would not further bathe it or scrub the skin. If its a bit much you could very gently dab a bit of mineral oil over the area but very little is needed, and no scrubbing.

yea, it’s just a mild stain? thank you, I will just wait for his next shedding

Attachments

• 3F1470BD-FD30-475E-B025-DD1F9BB1E95A.png
    3F1470BD-FD30-475E-B025-DD1F9BB1E95A.png
    910.1 KB · Views: 64
Hi, so today I was painting and my little guy was sitting on my shoulder for a little while and without me noticing he climbed on the table where my paints were and he stepped into one paint pot... and now his one leg is yellow, I straight took him to the sink to try to get the most of the paint away but he still has a yellow stain on his leg now.. So my question is can I wash him somehow to get the rid of the yellow stain? ??

What type of paint was it? Hopefully water based! Guess you learned something about leaving open containers around free ranging chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom