Can I use miracle gro perlite for panther eggs?

lcsphx

The eggs were laid 4 days ago and placed in a mixture of moistened organic peat moss and play sand. I got a bag of perlite today but is maricle gro ,so it has plant food in it I guess , so I need to know about carefully transferring them into moistened perlite .is the brand okay to use?

Last edited:
No, whatever is in it for fertilizer will kill your eggs.. you need to just get hatchrite, vermiculite, or plain perlite.

The eggs were laid 4 days ago and placed in a mixture of moistened organic peat moss and play sand. I got a bag of perlite today but is maricle gro ,so it has plant food in it I guess , so I need to know about carefully transferring them into moistened perlite .is the brand okay to use?

Stay away from the Miracle grow brand due to fertilizer. You can transfer the eggs with no problem, its early in incubation and as long as you don't roll or switch the orientation you will be fine. You can even mark the top of the egg with a pencil prior to the transfer.

If you cant find what you need at a Lowes or HomeDepot type of store check any indoor grow shops, they usually cary very nice quality stuff.

Back
Top Bottom