Can I put a small humidifier inside my Chamelions cage?

I’ve never thought of this, it could work, there’s nothing I can think of that would make it dangerous of any sorts. If it’s small and it fits then you could put some type of leaves over it, enough so it looks camouflage but so it can still emit the mist. Though if you do go with this I’d still mist your cage with a water yourself

This is it

Attachments

• FAEB23C5-D09D-45B9-8E85-D9D75FC65DD4.jpeg
    FAEB23C5-D09D-45B9-8E85-D9D75FC65DD4.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 208
He’s been looking a bit dull lately and I’m thinking it’s because the humidity isn’t high enough. Because I have all the needs for him. He has a 5.0 UVB light he basks in, and he gets a lot of sun from the window. We dust the crickets with calsium without D3 4-5 times a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 233
He’s been looking a bit dull lately and I’m thinking it’s because the humidity isn’t high enough. Because I have all the needs for him. He has a 5.0 UVB light he basks in, and he gets a lot of sun from the window. We dust the crickets with calsium without D3 4-5 times a week.
Honestly, the sun through the window is a good source of light but I’m not sure it’ll do much. The temperature should be 80-85 and the lower areas of the cage should be 70-75

I feed him krickets, super worms, and veggies sometimes.
Your cham eats the veggies or the insects? Here fill this out, the more details the better and pics help too.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Veiled male around 7 months.
I handle his around 2-3 times a week.
I feed him Crickets mainly, super worms if we’re getting short on crickets and every now and then he will eat veggies. I give him around 7 crickets everyday give or take. And we feed the crickets veggies like carrots, lettuce ect.
I use Repti Calcium without D3 on his crickets 4-5 days a week.
I have a dripper, humidifier, and I spray down his cage many times a day.
He’s been a bit dull, but not colorless. He’s not been tested for parasites.
Screen cage (lots of room, don’t know exact measurements.)
I use Reptisun 5.0 UVB lights all day until 9, then turn them off so he can sleep.
Lowest spot is around 70 degrees F, his highest spot is 80-85 F.
Humidity is around 50, I’ve been working on it to keep it higher around 70-75.
Fake plastic plants not the velvet ones.
His cage is kinda near a heat vent, but his cage is around 2 feet from the floor.
I live in Alaska. So it gets pretty dry in winters.

Hi there I am going to chime in here. I would advice against using that one in the cage. I would get an external one with a hose and connect the hose to the top back corner. Only run this at night though for about 4 hours. Like midnight to 4am. The reason you do not want to run during the day is that the humidity mixed with the heat can lead to a respiratory infection. Keep the humidity between 40-70% during the day with misting allowing the cage to dry out in between completely. It is absolutely fine if the humidity at night shoots your levels high. You should look into getting a pothos plant for the enclosure it will naturally help with humidity levels. Also you can wrap the sides and back with vinyl and secure with magnets to hold the humidity better as well as protect your walls from water.
Look into Black soldier fly larve, hornworms, dubia. A varied diet is important and one solely based on superworms is not good because they are higher in fat. Make sure you are properly gutloading your feeders as well so they pass on the nutrients to your cham.
Are you using any calcium with D3 or a multivitamins? You should add this in if you are not and they should be given 2 times per month on opposite weeks. along with the Calcium without D3 at every feeding.

I would up your UVB bulb to a 10.0. Please keep in mind they need to be changed out at least every 6-9 months. Even if they are showing light they will not produce UVB long term.
Here is a like to amazon and the reptile humidifiers. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=reptile+...efix=reptile+humi,aps,202&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12

I will add some images for you as well. Check out the resources link in the forum it is full of really great info as well. Please let us know if you have additional questions.
Supplements pic.jpeg
Gutloading 101.jpeg
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

One thing I’ve been doing is gutloading my feeders with carrots, which is good. And I should be giving him calcium everyday, and calcium with D3 2 times every month?

One thing I’ve been doing is gutloading my feeders with carrots, which is good. And I should be giving him calcium everyday, and calcium with D3 2 times every month?
So look at the gutload list you have to do more then carrots. Calcium without d3 at every feeding. Calcium with d3 2 times a month every other week. A multi vitamin 2 times a month every other week. :)

Back
Top Bottom