Can I just feed my veild Dubai roches???

Shay weber

Crickets are getting quite expensive and can I just feed my veild only Dubai roches and crickets when I have to order more???

You really should look into buying orange roaches from NICK BARTA the bug God. He is the know all end all for bug feeding info for Chameleons, look him up. Oh I believe Bill Strand interviewed him on some pod cast that may be very useful to you or you could try to pm him.

Have you tried ordering your chickets on line? I get a thousand for like $20.00 shipped.
It's always best to feed a large variety of well gut loaded feeders. How many chameleons do you have? If you just have one or two you might like the value packs from lindasgonebuggy.com. You can get 4 or 5 small amounts of different feeders for like $20.00.

Dubias are great staple feeders because they take in gutload great and are more meaty than crickets. I would not just do dubia though.

I would suggest you start raising as many insect varieties that you can if the cost for keeping your chameleon fed is a major concern. Not to mention you know what your insects have eaten before they are fed to your chameleon. I don't 100% understand your question either. Crickets are expensive so you want to add roaches to his feeding schedule? So you would be feeding crickets and roaches? If that's the question then yes you should add roaches and other captive bread insects to your chameleon's diet if possible. Since adult roaches are larger than crickets you would have to feed less of them per feeding than crickets. Although I think roaches grow slower and have fewer young over a given time period than crickets so in the long run they probably will not be cheaper than a mostly cricket diet unless you are raising them yourself.

I would suggest you start raising as many insect varieties that you can if the cost for keeping your chameleon fed is a major concern. Not to mention you know what your insects have eaten before they are fed to your chameleon. I don't 100% understand your question either. Crickets are expensive so you want to add roaches to his feeding schedule? So you would be feeding crickets and roaches? If that's the question then yes you should add roaches and other captive bread insects to your chameleon's diet if possible. Since adult roaches are larger than crickets you would have to feed less of them per feeding than crickets. Although I think roaches grow slower and have fewer young over a given time period than crickets so in the long run they probably will not be cheaper than a mostly cricket diet unless you are raising them yourself.
So true but roaches are so much easier to keep alive and way quieter and no stink. Adult roaches are too big to feed my Chameleon so I keep them around to breed and make babies and feed off all the med size nymphs I only ran out of med size nymph once and ordered another 50 about a month ago. So in a year I have bought roaches twice 200 the 1st time 50 the second and the 1st 200 have had babies so for me dubia roaches are great.

So true but roaches are so much easier to keep alive and way quieter and no stink.
I agree roaches>crickets if you are going to raise them. I was just saying if he was buying roaches to feed instead of buying crickets to feed the roaches may cost more.

Back
Top Bottom