Can babies be in a large enclosure?

My first panther chameleon passed away due to old age a few weeks ago and I'm planning on getting another one - I'm not sure if I'm going to get an adult or a baby - it's just going to depend on what I fall in love with at the reptile show next weekend ...

I have an extra large reptibreeze with tons of real and fake plants in it that will ultimately be my new chameleon's home, but if I get a baby would I need to raise him in a smaller cage? It just seems like a little guy could get lost in such a big cage and never find his food.

Sorry if this is a basic question - I only have had the one other chameleon (well and pygmies but they stay pretty much the same size) ...

It all depends on thermo regulation and food.

In a larger cage its not easy for a little guy to move in and out of the different temperature ranges that he needs. Its also more difficult for him to eat all of the crickets that you feed him. Its the crickets that don't get eaten that cause a risk.

Raise the floor upwards with some sort of supports (milk crates are good). Keep level. Lower as needed.
Mic drop. :D

Back
Top Bottom