Can anyone please help with opinion on Jackson’s giving birth

Hello everyone, my names David and I have two Jackson chameleons one male and female. Well, my female has been gravid for over six month now, this will be her first go around with birth and I’ve been watching her very closely every single day as we get closer and closer. This morning I get up early to check on her and feed her and I notice this jelly sack on the bottom of her cage attached to her poop. I immediately thought “oh glob here we go” so I started look closely and it literally looks like a little piece of poo inside a sack. I’m getting nervous guys. I’m praying to the globs this isn’t a bad sign, I’m wondering if anyone has had an experiance like this or can help identify what’s going on, is she stillborn? Are a few like this? Is this a sign that she wasn’t completely fertile? Thank you all ahead of time for you information. Here’s a photo of what I found. Mind you all she looks like a ballon so I’m hoping they all can’t be like this. 091691A5-D93B-4196-AD7F-9965EF333B9C.jpeg A3A647CC-1560-4C02-8F42-E8C033E90312.jpeg

Two things that I know of make them have slimy poop, sometimes it's just because they aren't pooping on a regular basis so the poo gets an extra slime coating and/or parasites can cause irritation that results in extra mucous production. There are probably other causes as well.
If she is heavily gravid then that could be slowing things down, if she is wild caught and hasn't been tested for parasites that is a possibility.
It is perfectly normal for there to be slugs delivered along with the live young so don't panic if she delivers some.

Two things that I know of make them have slimy poop, sometimes it's just because they aren't pooping on a regular basis so the poo gets an extra slime coating and/or parasites can cause irritation that results in extra mucous production. There are probably other causes as well.
If she is heavily gravid then that could be slowing things down, if she is wild caught and hasn't been tested for parasites that is a possibility.
It is perfectly normal for there to be slugs delivered along with the live young so don't panic if she delivers some.
Seriously thank you so much for the info! Idky but I just started to panic with all of the horror stories I’ve read about. Just a curious thought which I’ve read about. This being my girls first batch is it more likely that she will give birth to them around 9 months like I’ve read or is it 6 months. A few of my sources have giving conflicting answers

Gestation varies but it can be anywhere from 6-10 months but the 7-9 month mark is most common. You should have your fruit fly cultures going. I also use bean beetles and pinhead crickets as the grow bigger.

Back
Top Bottom