Can anyone give info on how to incubate veild chameleons eggs without incubator ?

Jairo1234

My female is gravid and I mated her with my male and was wondering if anyone knows good articles or can give me information for I can be ready before she has the eggs to be ready because dont want to anything wrong. Also everything I have to buy. I want to try to incubate the eggs without incubator because kinda expensive. So please help any help welcome.

This is a picture of my female if your where wondering that I took of her.

View media item 53498

View media item 53499

If your room temperature is about 74F you can incubate them in a room in a shoebox sized Tupperware type container with a substrate of moist coarse grained vermiculite. Moisture test...take a handful of the moderately moistened vermiculite in your fist and if you can't squeeze more than a drop or two of water out of it the moisture level should be right.
You will want them in a dark place.

If your room temperature is about 74F you can incubate them in a room in a shoebox sized Tupperware type container with a substrate of moist coarse grained vermiculite. Moisture test...take a handful of the moderately moistened vermiculite in your fist and if you can't squeeze more than a drop or two of water out of it the moisture level should be right.
You will want them in a dark place.
Great thanks and what about the humidity I was planing to put them in a Tupperware which holes and in a bigger tub that I have and put a humidifier in the big tub to make the Humidity go up with a Termometer and Hydro meter and also they do need vent holes correct ?

I can't answer the question on the humidity.

I live in Canada so I have always had a heat source a couple of inches be,ow the egg container to incubate the eggs. Seems they always have to incubate though the winter months when my house is colder than 74F. Because of this there is enough humidity in the container with the moisture in the vermiculite. I get condensation on the sides and underside of the lid of the container.

I can't answer the question on the humidity.

I live in Canada so I have always had a heat source a couple of inches be,ow the egg container to incubate the eggs. Seems they always have to incubate though the winter months when my house is colder than 74F. Because of this there is enough humidity in the container with the moisture in the vermiculite. I get condensation on the sides and underside of the lid of the container.
Oh ok how many air holes do they need and the temp should be 74F no higher ?

I've found 74F to be the best temperature to incubate them at.
I e punched two tiny holes in some containers and none in other containers. It didn't seem to make a difference.

I've found 74F to be the best temperature to incubate them at.
I e punched two tiny holes in some containers and none in other containers. It didn't seem to make a difference.
Can I use normal organic vermiculite? Because can’t find the one you said online.

I don't know what normal organic vermiculite is...but if it's the one that's made up of finer smaller sized particles, then it will likely dry out unevenly so it's hard to keep the humidity right without causing the eggs problems.

I don't know what normal organic vermiculite is...but if it's the one that's made up of finer smaller sized particles, then it will likely dry out unevenly so it's hard to keep the humidity right without causing the eggs problems.
Oh ok thanks can you post a picture ?

I have never used anything but the coarse vermiculite for years. When something works I don't usually fix it. It seems like quite a few people do use hatch rite though.

I have never used anything but the coarse vermiculite for years. When something works I don't usually fix it. It seems like quite a few people do use hatch rite thought
I have never used anything but the coarse vermiculite for years. When something works I don't usually fix it. It seems like quite a few people do use hatch rite though.
I have a question at how many day / weeks can you start to see the eggs develop in a female veild like I know it hard to say beacuse all different but based on your experience mine is like about 1 week 1/2 beacuse breeded them the 11 th of this month and also is is true that the extra sperm can make another fertilizer clutch without mating again ?

Back
Top Bottom