Can anyone give info on how to incubate veild chameleons eggs without incubator ?

Leftover sperm can definitely make another fertilized clutch.

It's hard to say when you'll see the body change/grow ...it partly depends on how many eggs the female is producing.You can tell that the mating was successful though by whether the female is rejecting the male's advances and whether he has changed to her gravid colors.

Last edited:
Leftover sperm can definitely make another fertilized clutch.

It's hard to say when you'll see the body change/grow ...it partly depends on how many eggs the female is producing.You can tell that the mating was successful though by whether the female is rejecting the males advances and whether he has changed to her gravid colors.
Oh ok thanks and also she is showing gravid colors once my male axedently got out of my hand her reaction was mad
This is her my female
View media item 53499

One more thought...depending on where she was in her cycle at the time of mating some of the eggs could be unfertilized if she was already producing them too soon before the mating.

Last edited:
One more thought...depending on where she was in her cycle at the time of mating some of the eggs could be I fertilized if she was already producing them too soon before the mating.
So the egg could not be fertile is that what your saying sorry kinda hard to understand you prabaly miss said something but I mated them the 2 nd the 5 and the 11 of this months and every time mated

this image bellow is when they mated on the 5 th

View media item 53502

The clutch could consist of some fertile eggs and some infertile depending on where she was in her cycle at the time of mating. There's no way to know until,they are laid.

The clutch could consist of some fertile eggs and some infertile depending on where she was in her cycle at the time of mating. There's no way to know until,they are laid.
Oh ok as long as there is some fertile and also how do you know if they are fertile once Layed and sorry to ask a lot and also is it always like that some are and some are not ?

You can often tell the fertile eggs by the color and sometimes the size at the time of the laying. Fertile eggs are usually whiter than infertile ones... They look more calcified.

As they are incubating, the infertile ones will mold over, shrivel up, etc. You can candle the eggs carefully...be careful you don't turn them ....and you will see reddish veins in the fertile ones or a reddish glow to the eggs in some cases. As the embryo grows in the egg you may even see the outline of the embryo or even a tail.

You can often tell the fertile eggs by the color and sometimes the size at the time of the laying. Fertile eggs are usually whiter than infertile ones... They look more calcified.

As they are incubating, the infertile ones will mold over, shrivel up, etc. You can candle the eggs carefully...be careful you don't turn them ....and you will see reddish veins in the fertile ones or a reddish glow to the eggs in some cases. As the embryo grows in the egg you may even see the outline of the embryo or even a tail.
Great thanks

Does a clutch always have some fertile and infertile?

No...it can be completely fertile, completely infertile or mixed. It depends on whether she was meted or when in her cycle she was mated.
Oh ok thanks and the only way to see if she was successful mated was when she lays the eggs? I also saw that if she was mated she would turn brown or dark within few hours after mating

She would/should have turned dark after the mating but once she can't see the male she may drop the dark colors. You showed me a photo in post #22 of her in her gravid colors.

You will know she's gravid because she will get fatter in the belly/body area soon.

She would/should have turned dark after the mating but once she can't see the male she may drop the dark colors.
You
L know she's gravid because she will get fatter in the belly/body area soon.
Oh ok she turned brown in my case after mating but I was just asking because hopefully she has fertile eggs and the mating was successful. I tried putting them together like some day before the first time they got together on the second of this month and she was not having it she kept gaping and fattening her body like some days before I kept trying until she was ready so I think she did get mated successful hopefully. But yeah thanks for you Input I am not really familiar with mating them. So yeah that why was asking if you think they got mated successful

Yes...I think Th mating was successful......but that still doesn't mean tha ALL the eggs will be fertile. There's no way of knowing until they are laid.
Just make sure that you have s proper egglaying bin IN her cage ASAP so you don't fuse her to have egglaying problems.

Yes...I think Th mating was successful......but that still doesn't mean tha ALL the eggs will be fertile. There's no way of knowing until they are laid.
Just make sure that you have s proper egglaying bin IN her cage ASAP so you don't fuse her to have egglaying problems.
Ok thanks and I do already have on in there I saw a video on it from a YouTube that knows a lot about chameleons and that I ask question to her .

Back
Top Bottom