Can a scar be passed through birth?

chameleonowner32

Avid Member
Notice the scar on Lillie's back. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367458595.038502.jpg now the defect in Rex's spikes?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367458736.298780.jpg they are both in the same spot..:confused: Rex is her son

If its a scar from a injury or somthing that won't be passed down but if its a deformity it could possibly passed down, not 100% positive about the deformity being passd down but correct me if I'm wrong

If its a scar from a injury or somthing that won't be passed down but if its a deformity it could possibly passed down, not 100% positive about the deformity being passd down but correct me if I'm wrong

Don't take this wrong but I was hoping for a more experienced keeper like kent or Chris to chime in.

Then Rex has his own scar of different origin. Scars are not passed on genetically because the scar is the result of damage to the tissues from an injury, not a genetic or structural flaw. If it was a genetic defect rather than a scar then that has the potential to be passed on, but unlikely imo.

Monopoly is right, a scar is not something that gets passed down through the generations. If this were true I would have the same dog bite scar on my calf as my dad.

If they look like two different injuries then that's probably what they are, just two separate injuries with a lot of coincidental placement.

Basic biology, scars can not be passed through genetics. Not attacking, but I would re-evaluate my husbandry and setups. When you notice a pattern, there's usually a cause.

Notice the scar on Lillie's back. View attachment 78103 now the defect in Rex's spikes?? View attachment 78105 they are both in the same spot..:confused: Rex is her son

Excellent question!

Yes, the scar can be passed down. However in order for this to happen, the parent must have an extreme complex about said scar. She has likely been teased for it for a long time prior to conceiving. The mind is powerful enough to rewrite the animals DNA, and add in the scar. When the offspring are born, the parent no longer feels as though it is the sole bearer of this physical defect, thereby improving the parents mood, which helps with further courting. Youll learn about this in biology next year when you reach the fourth grade...

Excellent question!

Yes, the scar can be passed down. However in order for this to happen, the parent must have an extreme complex about said scar. She has likely been teased for it for a long time prior to conceiving. The mind is powerful enough to rewrite the animals DNA, and add in the scar. When the offspring are born, the parent no longer feels as though it is the sole bearer of this physical defect, thereby improving the parents mood, which helps with further courting. Youll learn about this in biology next year when you reach the fourth grade...

I'm a sophmor

Excellent question!

snake….while i admittedly did snicker for a second, don’t add nuclear gasoline to this little spark….:rolleyes:

If I ever have a question that seems a bit silly or even dumb, I usually google it first. Public forums are sometimes not the best place to show you ignorance. Some people find it entertaining to take a shot at another persons ignorance (thats why that Honey boo boo crap is so popular). Scars are superficial and not genetic. Be careful and research your questions before you post. good luck and lose the im a blonde excuse. Take Care.

Thanks for all of the replies. So they make nuclear gasoline? I'm a blond by the way

...and a good sport as well ;)

Everyone gets ribbed a bit from time to time :)

Nuclear gasoline would be useless...but possible to make...as far as I know, there is no current manufacturer...

If I ever have a question that seems a bit silly or even dumb, I usually google it first. Public forums are sometimes not the best place to show you ignorance. Some people find it entertaining to take a shot at another persons ignorance (thats why that Honey boo boo crap is so popular). Scars are superficial and not genetic. Be careful and research your questions before you post. good luck and lose the im a blonde excuse. Take Care.

Hey ever here of being sarcastic? You should watch who your talking to before you assume stuff

Back
Top Bottom