Camera Call

nhayes1

I'm starting to look for a new camera and have seen some amazing pictures of peoples chams. Wanted to put a shout out for: What kind of cameras and lens people are using to take thier pictures with? :D

I'm starting to look for a new camera and have seen some amazing pictures of peoples chams. Wanted to put a shout out for: What kind of cameras and lens people are using to take thier pictures with? :D

DSLR cameras. or cameras that are about 12 megapixels. that is if yuo want good quality pictures.:D

but DSLR cameras are a little bang for your buck. (expensive):D

I shoot with a Nikon D90 body and have a 18-105mm lens and borrow a 60mm macro lens occasionaly. Also, its not all about megapixels. You can get a 15 megapixel point and shoot that wont take as good pictures as a 10 megapixel DSLR.

...What kind of cameras and lens people are using to take thier pictures with? :D
Howdy,

I got the Canon T2i with the 18-55mm kit lens for $882 out the door at Costco back in May. I also bought the Canon 100mm F2.8 "L" macro lens for $884 at B&H Photo in NY. The combo is a lot of fun :). Your price range will determine a lot as to what you might want to look at :eek:. If I had the money, I would have bought the Canon 5D Mark 2 body, the 24-70mm, and the 70-200mm "II", lenses for about $6000 :eek:. Stick with Canon or Nikon and you won't go wrong. Camera bodies loose their value quickly but good "glass" (like the Canon "L" series) holds its value very well.

Go canon or nikon....no other brand....Stick to SLR digital cameras....do research....learn how to use it right....or you mise well buy a crappy point and shoot camera. After you get a nice Body, it's all about the lenses.

I'm new here so no one has really seen my pix yet :) I have a introduction thread in the lizard lounge with two pics of my chams hehe

I have a Nikon D40 and I loooves it!

Canon Powershot SD1400 IS. Just a simple PAS.

DSLR cameras. or cameras that are about 12 megapixels. that is if yuo want good quality pictures.:D

but DSLR cameras are a little bang for your buck. (expensive):D

Megapixels don't determine how good a camera is.. take this camera for example.. :rolleyes:

terapixel-camera.jpg

5.5 terapixels :) LOL :) anyways, i use Canon 40D with a 70-300, and a 17-40 objective. Need a good fix macro still.... but its kinda expensive, and cant affor id at the moment.
I think, knowing the actual animals behavior and habits makes the good picture! If you know what are you looking for, you can make a fenomenal picture. If you dont use image stabilizer lense or body(Nikon) try to use a tripod or something... especially if you have to take the picture with less lights, without flash! :) Good luck on searching!

Like everyone else already mentioned go with the Big Boys Canon or Nikon. You can't go wrong with either or, but I find it easier to find stuff for Canon. If that helps at all.

I love how everyone thinks that Megapixels have a big factor in purchasing a camera. I would rather have a camera with a Great Image processor, than one with 1,000 megapixels. Megapixels aren't going to do anything for you unless you Blow it up Real Big. Don't get me wrong don't go buying something that is only 6 megapixels, but most of the DSLR's are 10 MP or higher.

This should be the most important factor, try them out and see which one works for you the best. Like you might like the feel of a bigger body like the 50D instead of a smaller Rebel Series camera, or vice versa. Which one feels good in your hand and you feel the most comfortable. Because if you don't feel comfortable with the Body, you won't be touching it much. hehe

It depends on what you want to use for. I like to photograph wild animals, and the animals like to keep distance, even if the are some smaller ones, like insects. Well, as is saw the tests of the cameras, DSLR cameras have some big advantages such as the 1/10 sec picture taking - dont have to wait for the shot. You can change objectives, macro, tele, wide for the current situation. Ofc the cham is in the cage/free range so it wont run away :)

I will be a beginner with something more than a point-and-shoot. Have been checking out the Nikkon 3100.....not as big as say the D90 nor as expensive but looks to take a pretty nice photo..... It takes the place of the 3000. Anybody use either of these?

I bought it last week-end Nhayes1 and even the lens that comes with it did a pretty good job actually. For a beginner or someone with some pockets that aren't very deep, it should be good! You can see the last pictures i took with it in my verrucosus thread (see my signature). With a macro lens i'm sure it will be way beyond what normal people can do! ;)

I will be a beginner with something more than a point-and-shoot. Have been checking out the Nikkon 3100.....not as big as say the D90 nor as expensive but looks to take a pretty nice photo..... It takes the place of the 3000. Anybody use either of these?

I have the Nikkon D3000 and I love it, the body is perfect for me. Your best bet is to go into a camera shop and hold a few in your hand. Each body has a different feel and button locations.

Like mentioned it's more important to have good lenses ;)

ok....i went to the store and was checking out the cameras and found I like the feel of the cannon rebel.....anybody have experience with one of those?

o...I like the feel of the cannon rebel.....anybody have experience with one of those?
Howdy,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have the Canon T2i. It's currently the latest release in their Digital Rebel series. I've had fun with its 1080p HiDef video capability too.

ok....i went to the store and was checking out the cameras and found I like the feel of the cannon rebel.....anybody have experience with one of those?

I also used one as well, and it does good. However, my photography skills weren't good in the past, when i used a rebel camera. That means that my opinion isn't the best for that camera, but i believe it's worth giving it a try! :p Sorry to not be able to tell you more! :eek:

I also used one as well, and it does good. However, my photography skills weren't good in the past, when i used a rebel camera. That means that my opinion isn't the best for that camera, but i believe it's worth giving it a try! :p Sorry to not be able to tell you more! :eek:

Can you elaborate on that, a bit more.

You can check out the link on my sig, all those pics were taken with a Canon T1i. Which is a camera from one of their Rebel Series.

Well, it was my mother-in-law's digital camera that i used when i was a true beginner. Basically, all i knew was how to zoom in and out, and take a picture! :p I have learned a lot since then, and this is why i said that my opinion isn't the best about the Canon Rebel digital camera.

You can see a few pictures i took with it, while using no function at all. I only used the "auto adjust" setting, and that's it: https://www.chameleonforums.com/delko-furcifer-pardalis-sambava-37983/index2.html (page 2 and 3).

Back
Top Bottom