Came out too early

Nixibabie

SO my eggs have been incubating for 5 months and some started to sweat I came back and boom one had hatched but it looks premature she is sooooo small and her skin is so thin I can see her brown eyes through her eyelid. She had a large yolk sac that is attached I know she is alive because I can see her heart beating. She hatched at 4:50 pm yesterday and is still alive but I honestly do not know what to do to save her other than keep her on a moist paper towel. Has anyone ever had this happen?? My pinky in the first pic to reference how extremely small she is
117647142_676467816284811_5924502767677967652_n.jpg
117595261_288023459164378_2376681227247168766_n.jpg

Hi. I can’t offer any advice other than I know that sometimes there’s things wrong and babies don’t make it. ? Also, to avoid confusion try to keep it to just one post. Hopefully another member experienced with breeding can offer advice.

Awe man? I have seen if they take on too much moisture they can rupture. Looks like a panther? Typically they incubate way longer than 5 months. @kinyonga @salty dog they have experience with eggs.
Yes they are panther I know they normally take a lot longer to incubate it looked like she has slit the egg herself I haven't added any water and others in the clutch have been sweating so I thought they were going to hatch soon but she is not ready and im afraid like what if they are all trying to hatch to early ???

Can you tell us how you are incubating them? What kind of substrate, temp, etc. How many and are they all in the same bin? If they are starting to hatch do you have bins set up for them? I’m not an expert but I would think once they start to sweat you probably won’t be able to stop them but may be able to help the ones that haven’t.

I have a heard a couple of Calumma parsonii parsonii clutches that hatched with with some of their yolk not fully absorbed. That was a Stinky Tongue Chameleon Farms Calumma parsonii parsonii clutches from the 1990's. However their yolk was more absorbed than the Panther Chameleon baby posted in the picture above.

My guidance I would try to keep that baby moist, warm and not dried out and allow him/her to absorb the yolk outside of the egg.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I agree, can you give more details about incubation parameters? For now keep them moist and leave them here, maybe they will absorb the yolk, that will give thtem a chance or surviving. Sometimes if incubation is too hot or if you recently i crease humidity too much you might started the hatching prematurely

I have a heard a couple of Calumma parsonii parsonii clutches that hatched with with some of their yolk not fully absorbed. That was a Stinky Tongue Chameleon Farms Calumma parsonii parsonii clutches from the 1990's. However their yolk was more absorbed than the Panther Chameleon baby posted in the picture above.

My guidance I would try to keep that baby moist, warm and not dried out and allow him/her to absorb the yolk outside of the egg.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Pardon me. Sticky Tongue Chameleon Farms.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom