Hatched to early?

Nixibabie

SO my eggs have been incubating for 5 months and some started to sweat I came back and boom one had hatched but it looks premature she is sooooo small and her skin is so thin I can see her brown eyes through her eyelid. She had a large yolk sac that is attached I know she is alive because I can see her heart beating. She hatched at 4:50 pm yesterday and is still alive but I honestly do not know what to do to save her other than keep her on a moist paper towel. Has anyone ever had this happen?? My pinky in the first pic to reference how extremely small she isView attachment 275066View attachment 275067

I don't have much on this, but I know the eggs can burst if too moist. This does look similar as when it happened to me, but mine was less developed, already dead.
If you keep him moist he may make it.

I don't have much on this, but I know the eggs can burst if too moist. This does look similar as when it happened to me, but mine was less developed, already dead.
If you keep him moist he may make it.
I hope so but she just seems so fragile after coming out of her egg she has not moved around on her own really so it would make since that she popped maybe but does she look like she was about ready to hatch to you?

I hope so but she just seems so fragile after coming out of her egg she has not moved around on her own really so it would make since that she popped maybe but does she look like she was about ready to hatch to you?

yes he looks like he would at least be close. I really don’t know, but if he is formed enough maybe

That's the earliest I heard that they incubated, that's a very large yolk sack that suggesting it wasn't the time, good luck, but I'm not sure if he/she makes it. What about the others?

So Sorry to hear that, but had a feeling it will happen. Hope the rest will be ok. What temps you were using for incubation?

That is bit high, IMHO that will speed up the process, but ..... How did the rest go? Any made it?
i only have 4 eggs from the clutch one other persons did the same thing which is weird the other 3 are still in egg seem to be just fine just waiting for them to hatch

Back
Top Bottom