Calypatrus with broken leg

I was writing replies when my cham started to gasp for air. It started to turn really light at first, but later his crest started to turn dark, and after that some parts of his body. I called and rushed to the vet, but it passed away on the way there.

I don't know what happened, but I do know now that I was not enough prepared for this hobby. Even though I read a lot, and I did my best, I feel like this animal's suffering is on me. I'm going back to reading again, and maybe I'll try it again on a later time, I still find chameleons fascinating animals. But not soon I think.

Thank you guys for your help and expertise, I learned some things I didn't know about.

Ps: if you guys still want answers to your questions, I'll happily give them.

I was writing replies when my cham started to gasp for air. It started to turn really light at first, but later his crest started to turn dark, and after that some parts of his body. I called and rushed to the vet, but it passed away on the way there.

I don't know what happened, but I do know now that I was not enough prepared for this hobby. Even though I read a lot, and I did my best, I feel like this animal's suffering is on me. I'm going back to reading again, and maybe I'll try it again on a later time, I still find chameleons fascinating animals. But not soon I think.

Thank you guys for your help and expertise, I learned some things I didn't know about.

if you fill out the care form we can show you what to fix.

Else you may want to "adopt" a full grown healthy one from craigslist etc. There are always plenty.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, a lot of people think chams are easy to care for because of misinformation on the internet.
I think the best way to learn from your mistakes so that if you do get a cham in the future is to answer the questions that were asked so we can help you.

Sorry for your loss...I was one of those people when I found my first Cham in my backyard and decided to keep him. I only had him 5 months, he was an adult. Without experience or having a good mentor there is a very steep learning curve. Don’t be discouraged, just continue to research and dig through the forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom