Calumma parsonii parsonii

I guess the most brilliant animals in colours are the subadults.

I agree,
This Guy went from green to bright blue.
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
They are so beautiful. I hope one day will be experienced and confident enough to get one of this outstanding species.
Thank you for sharing info and pictures with us.

It is the destination of this thread to make it more likely to get an answer on this question soon.
But I have remarked in the beginning, you need patience with this species.
There are some people in the USA who keep C. parsonii and there is someone in this forum who has eggs of them.
Wait for your chance to get cb Parsons.
Make experiences with other chameleon species before to support this project when your chance has come.

Hi Andreas both babies i got from you back in summer are doing great the one in the pic is 8inch snout to vent and the other 7inch, :D

Attachments

• parsonni baby 1.jpg
    parsonni baby 1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 340
Thanks for the pic, Jamie. It seems that he is really a male.
My quota is getting better.:)

Haha great news as this is the one i am thinking is male out of the 2 he is ever so slightly starting to grow his rostral projections but on a whole they are both growing so quickly i have them under T5 lighting in a 1.2mtr squared enclosure.
cheers
Jamie

Attachments

• parsonii enclosure ba.jpg
    parsonii enclosure ba.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 491
Hanibal (the largest son of Henry and Heike from 2008) has met Wanda (a daughter from Winfried out of 2010) last summer in August.
I have seen the copulation in the garden with a binocular.
Last week Wanda has laid her eggs.
Now it's the question how many were fertilized.

Attachments

• Hanibal.jpg
    Hanibal.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Hanibal2.jpg
    Hanibal2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 478
  • Wanda2.jpg
    Wanda2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 464
  • Wanda1.jpg
    Wanda1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Wandaseggs.jpg
    Wandaseggs.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 499
Hi Andreas, congratulations for this post and photographs.

That substrate used for wanda eggs?

Best regards.

Sergio.

Thanks.
We are using perlite now, since I drip water on the eggs. Because the water can better flow away through the perlite.
So I weaken the egg shell for the time of hatching. If the egg shell was dried out, it is to hard then to open for the most babies and they choke.

Thanks.
We are using perlite now, since I drip water on the eggs. Because the water can better flow away through the perlite.
So I weaken the egg shell for the time of hatching. If the egg shell was dried out, it is to hard then to open for the most babies and they choke.

This is interesting. I haven't heard of this before. Can you explain in a little more detail? How often and for how long before estimated hatch date do you drip water on the eggs? Have you tried burying the eggs in the perlite?

I have written something about my dripping incubation experiment here:
http://calummaparsonii.com/forum/thread-335.html
For me it seems the best method to treat the eggs.
I'm usually dripping in summer daily, in spring and autumn weekly. Only in winter I'm not dripping. Instead I take away the condensation water with a paper towel and dry the box in the cold phase.
In spring I begin to drip again, but all this depends on the humidity of the perlite. If I see an egg that needs water then I also drip on it in winter.
I had one egg in autumn that was burst because of too much water. So you can use this method only when you are really careful.
I don't dig the eggs in the perlite because I want to see them when I treat them and when they begin to sweat.
Other breeders take vermiculite or sphagnum as substrat without dripping. It seems this works also.

I have a female laid 35 eggs in this weekend and just as you are on eggs perlite. I have not seen mating so I wait to see if they are fertilized.

After how much time we can see if they are fertilized?

congratulation!

It will need some weeks.
Look at the last pic. Only 9 of them are bright white.
So at the moment I think only these 9 are fertilized.
But some of the other ones also can get white in the next weeks.

So they were really 9 after 6 weeks.
But one of the others doesn't look so bad now. I will also try with it.

Attachments

• 9eggs.jpg
    9eggs.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 372
Back
Top Bottom