Calumma Oshaughnessyi Surprise

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have got some eggs for the incubator. I had to take the Scheffelera out of my female Calumma oshaughnessy, Estelle's, enclosure last night to confirm if she had laid a clutch or not. After I removed the Scheffelera from the greenhouse and tore through the roots. I confirmed Estelle laid a good sized clutch of 28 eggs.

AMeZcM.jpg

E7sF8P.jpg

mCeAW3.jpg

1ap2hS.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
That's awesome! Congrats!

Thanks much. I am ecstatic about this clutch. I am really looking forward to incubating this clutch.

Wow! Momma did a good job! From the pic you can’t even tell the plant was disturbed at all.

Estelle did a good job. The only main sign signs I had from her that she laid is she had dirt on her nose and legs and looked very skinny.

How the hell did she put those in that plant without leaving any disturbance? The roots look prohibitive in terms of just getting the eggs there... wow.

You have no idea. I found the clutch on a second attempt under a branch in a pocket of a root mass. I had to tear through that Scheffelera.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Congrats! Can't wait to see the hatchlings!

Thanks Kinyonga. Me too!

Congrats!!! wow, that pot doesn't look like its been disturbed one bit, kinda seems like they just appeared there lol

Thanks. Now that she has laid her clutch I am thinking about trimming the Scheffelera back and re-potting. Estelle does prefer the Scheffelera overgrown though, especially when it is hot out.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have got some eggs for the incubator. I had to take the Scheffelera out of my female Calumma oshaughnessy, Estelle's, enclosure last night to confirm if she had laid a clutch or not. After I removed the Scheffelera from the greenhouse and tore through the roots. I confirmed Estelle laid a good sized clutch of 28 eggs.

AMeZcM.jpg

E7sF8P.jpg

mCeAW3.jpg

1ap2hS.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Omg I want one of these bad boys so bad ? Congratulations Jeremy, hope you have a successful hatch rate❤️

Thanks Kinyonga. Me too!

Thanks. Now that she has laid her clutch I am thinking about trimming the Scheffelera back and re-potting. Estelle does prefer the Scheffelera overgrown though, especially when it is hot out.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I wouldn't touch that magic plant. Like a parrot, Chameleons do get into routines. She likes that plant. I'd just trim it a little and clean up the base but overall I wouldn't touch it. She found perfection in her eyes

Omg I want one of these bad boys so bad ? Congratulations Jeremy, hope you have a successful hatch rate❤

Thanks much. I shall keep you in the loop about hatch rates.

That is amazing! Congratulations Jeremy! How long do they usually incubate for?

Big thanks. The data I have seen normally says between 12-16 month incubation.

Congratulations! That is very exciting! I wish you a very successful hatch rate! I look forward to seeing your updates!

Thanks much and thanks for the regards. I shall keep the Chameleon Forums in the loop about this clutch.

Please take pictures after they hatch. That would be really cool to see.

Howdy. Sounds like a plan. When the babies hatch consider pictures as done.

I wouldn't touch that magic plant. Like a parrot, Chameleons do get into routines. She likes that plant. I'd just trim it a little and clean up the base but overall I wouldn't touch it. She found perfection in her eyes

Big Thanks. Plus I hear you. I have to trim that plant a bit. The plant has grown to the point where it is bursting the enclosure at the seems. I have to trim the Scheffelera back some. Estelle is looking happy.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

WOW that is a long time for a little egg! Although it is surprising to me that Veiled and Panthers can take 8-9 months to hatch. I am so excited to see your babies!

Shall be great to have them seen. The Calumma from the Parsonii complex. Those species are renowned for having long incubation periods.

I had to google search the name, what a beautiful species!! I hope every single one gets great care and survives...such a beautiful animal!!

Thanks much. Calumma oshaughnessyi are beauties.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom