Calumma Oshaughnessyi Surprise

Aren't Canadians supposed to say eh?? :)

You have nice pair there!
I hope the eggs all hatch.... one day!

Thanks for the photos!

Canadians normally on give the good Ehh's to other Canadians. I go to Vancouver, BC a couple of times a year and never have got an Ehh there in 15 years!

Thanks about the pair. Calumma oshaughnessyi are a great species. I am looking forward to keeping and working with this species more.

Me too about the eggs.

The photo's were an honor and pleasure.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I was having a look at Estelle in the greenhouse a couple of days ago and she laid a group of 5 retained eggs. That is a retained group of eggs after 8 months after the original clutch was laid. They are all larger than the original group of eggs. These retained eggs surprised me as she was extremely skinny after she laid the initial clutch. Estelle laid this clutch in the middle of burmation and appears to be in great burmation health. The last of the original 28 eggs molded over the beginning of this month after 8 months of incubation.

8PZ4QJ.png

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

You said...."The last of the original 28 eggs molded over the beginning of this month after 8 months of incubation"... So sorry to hear that the eggs molded over after such a long time. They looked good in the photo you posted of them...and for them to go that long and then mold over is odd to me. Did they shrink or dry up or what...describe what happened please? Did you look on the underside of any of them?
How were you incubating them?

Omg!! Congrats! I'm so excited to see these babies!! 🥰🥰
Thanks much. Hatching Calumma oshaughnessyi babies would be great!
Very nice, congrats! I would love to keep this species one day. I have heard they are rather inactive - they pick a favorite spot and pretty much park there for life. Has that been your experience?

Actually no. Mine move around a lot more that Calumma parsonii parsonii when burmating. I had to move Walter into a Parsonii enclosure to burmate this winter. Estelle is doing okay in a small enclosure. However she appears to make good use of all the enclosure every day.

You said...."The last of the original 28 eggs molded over the beginning of this month after 8 months of incubation"... So sorry to hear that the eggs molded over after such a long time. They looked good in the photo you posted of them...and for them to go that long and then mold over is odd to me. Did they shrink or dry up or what...describe what happened please? Did you look on the underside of any of them?
How were you incubating them?
I had high hopes for the last eggs and egg from the original clutch. The last egg was doing good for a long time and had grown a lot. I am thinking about opening the last egg up tonight to look for embryo development. I am using an incubator (cannot recal the make and model now) that I am not entirely happy with though. There are a couple other things I think I could have done that would have contributed to an accomplished hatching of this clutch that I am going to have a go at again, such as the eggs were left in the enclosure over night. I think the eggs would have none their best in the incubator when collected immediately (suspected) after they were laid and put right into the incubator.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom