calumma boettgeri

cloverthechameleon

Avid Member
Does anyone on here keep calumma boettgeri or have past experience keeping them ? Considering starting a new project with this species. Not a lot of information out there. Wondering what housing worked best for people who have kept them. Thank you!

Does anyone on here keep calumma boettgeri or have past experience keeping them ? Considering starting a new project with this species. Not a lot of information out there. Wondering what housing worked best for people who have kept them. Thank you!

You looking at chameleons Canada? I was thinking the same thing but thought 1 I’m broke and 2 I thought how would I add genetic diversity with Madagascar Being closed unless you get a bunch of them.

You looking at chameleons Canada? I was thinking the same thing but thought 1 I’m broke and 2 I thought how would I add genetic diversity with Madagascar Being closed unless you get a bunch of them.
Ya theyre the second place ive seen them pop up in the past 2 months. I saw them available from a breeder aswell about a month or 2 back. All gone now. Such a cool looking speices and they are tiny, 4-5 inches total length! just so hard to find info on, ive found some info on temps,feeding,humidity,breeding but i wanted to know what kind of set up would work best and what their uvb requirments are and i cant find a life expectancy for the life of me.

Ya theyre the second place ive seen them pop up in the past 2 months. I saw them available from a breeder aswell about a month or 2 back. All gone now. Such a cool looking speices and they are tiny, 4-5 inches total length! just so hard to find info on, ive found some info on temps,feeding,humidity,breeding but i wanted to know what kind of set up would work best and what their uvb requirments are and i cant find a life expectancy for the life of me.

Totally guessing here but I would think you could use either a screen or glass cage (sort of like a carpet Cham setup) as long as you set it up in the right temp humidity ranges. I would think since there such a small species that they would only live 3-4 years max in captivity.

I have two female C. linotum, which are extremely similar to (and often misidentified as) C. boettgeri. One of them is in a 12x12x18 exoterra and I think that's more than enough space for them, as tiny as they are. My other is in an 18x18x24 exoterra I already had on hand. Naturally she doesn't mind the extra space, but it is very difficult to find a species as small as them in a planted 18x18x24. I usually only see her when she's sleeping or on the hunt. Mine have both laid eggs and I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed hoping for success with them

They do well on small crickets and both of mine go bananas for black soldier flies. Isopods make a good treat for them, too, which is nice cuz I have those on hand all the time. Very food motivated IME. Cooler temps with them. I go very light on the supplementations. It's a lot of guess-and-checking with them, unfortunately, since there's very little info out there! But they're really enjoyable

Thank you so much for the info, i was thinking 12x12x18 exo terras as well. From what ive read eggs hatch out in about only 90 days. What do you use for uvb and basking (if any basking at all), do you know life expectancy? Could you post some pictures of the set up pleeeease.

Thank you so much for the info, i was thinking 12x12x18 exo terras as well. From what ive read eggs hatch out in about only 90 days. What do you use for uvb and basking (if any basking at all), do you know life expectancy? Could you post some pictures of the set up pleeeease.

Woops sorry, I wasn't tagged in this so I didn't know there was a response!

I actually don't use a basking bulb. I've considered trying one out with them, but have not found it necessary. I think it's a reptisun 5.0 bulb that I'm using, but it might be an arcadia 6%. Not home right now or I'd double-check.

I wish I knew their life expectancy! Probably not exceptionally long, especially the wild-caught ones.

Woops sorry, I wasn't tagged in this so I didn't know there was a response!

I actually don't use a basking bulb. I've considered trying one out with them, but have not found it necessary. I think it's a reptisun 5.0 bulb that I'm using, but it might be an arcadia 6%. Not home right now or I'd double-check.

I wish I knew their life expectancy! Probably not exceptionally long, especially the wild-caught ones.
How long have you had them for ? I imagine a dual fixture T5 or T8 one uvb and one plant grow light will be enough heat.

How long have you had them for ? I imagine a dual fixture T5 or T8 one uvb and one plant grow light will be enough heat.

Yep. Mine's one of the ones that has room for one linear bulb for UVB and then it has LEDs which have done surprisingly well at keeping my plants growing. I have the shorter cage propped up, so they both use the same light fixture. I also have an additional linear 5000K bulb sitting on the 18x18x24 to give it a little extra oomph. I've had one of them for about 6 months and the other for maybe 2. I ordered the latter as a male, but unfortunately ended up with another female. But they both produced eggs, so I'm not too bent outta shape over it.

One is very interactive and comes to the front of the enclosure whenever I stop by. The other is much more skittish and hasn't warmed to me yet. Both, however, hand feed - which is hilarious to me because none of my captive bred chams have ever been willing to hand feed haha

Back
Top Bottom