Calling all Oustalet's experts....

melble68

Established Member
I have come across an opportunity to re-home a supposed female Oustalet's. I haven't yet actually seen her, but I'm cautious because of the situation she's in and the few pictures that I've seen. I've emailed the current owner a bunch of questions, and I'm awaiting their responses: age, how long owned, where purchased, typical diet and supplementation, and last vet visit along w/ diagnosis. I'm scared actually to get their responses. :confused:

In these two pics does she appear to have some MBD?

Does she also appear to be dehydrated?

Husbandy-wise, am I correct in what I've been able to research that Oustalet's are cared for in a very similar manor to panthers or veileds?

I have been preparing an outdoor enclosure for a number of months with the anticipation of a Nosy Be this spring. I live in Tampa.

Attachments

• Oustelat's1.jpg
    Oustelat's1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Oustelat's2.jpg
    Oustelat's2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 72
I have come across an opportunity to re-home a supposed female Oustalet's. I haven't yet actually seen her, but I'm cautious because of the situation she's in and the few pictures that I've seen. I've emailed the current owner a bunch of questions, and I'm awaiting their responses: age, how long owned, where purchased, typical diet and supplementation, and last vet visit along w/ diagnosis. I'm scared actually to get their responses. :confused:

In these two pics does she appear to have some MBD?

Does she also appear to be dehydrated?

Husbandy-wise, am I correct in what I've been able to research that Oustalet's are cared for in a very similar manor to panthers or veileds?

I have been preparing an outdoor enclosure for a number of months with the anticipation of a Nosy Be this spring. I live in Tampa.

No im my opion she is not dehydrated or has mbd. She looks good. If you can get a pic of her rear i can conform she is female.

I'd like to see better pics but from what I can see of her body I think she looks good, too. Chameleons will sometimes sink their eyes in response to stressors, like being held, although I'd say it's unusual for Oustalet's to do it.

I'd like to see better pics but from what I can see of her body I think she looks good, too. Chameleons will sometimes sink their eyes in response to stressors, like being held, although I'd say it's unusual for Oustalet's to do it.

Yes people have been questioning me about that and have to explain this. Unless you have ssen an oustie in person or had one you probly won't get it.

Back
Top Bottom