Calling All Fischer's keepers

Mason

Hello everyone :D I have now owned my first chameleon (my Fischer named Jasper) for over a month now and I can honestly say it was the best purchase I have ever made.

I absolutely love him. He eats great with his staple feeder being dubia roaches and drinks lots. I would love to see everyone else's Fischer chams or any montane species for that matter.

Also if anyone has any expertise on the Fischer's I would love to know what sub species mine is.

All I know is he was wild caught a while ago then kept in captivity for a year before I picked him up and added him to the family. He was very shy at first but now that he is accustomed to his home he is enjoying life :)

Here are some pictures of my guy. Hope you all enjoy and can show me some of your guys :D

Attachments

• P1000225.jpg
    P1000225.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 138
  • P1000222.jpg
    P1000222.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 149
That's wild so a Fischer isn't a Jackson's -- your's doesn't have Horns vs. Jackson's have sharp/hard horn.

Is that a bone or a strong skin or a flexible bone? I wonder what they use it for since it's not sharp.

That's wild so a Fischer isn't a Jackson's -- your's doesn't have Horns vs. Jackson's have sharp/hard horn.

Is that a bone or a strong skin or a flexible bone? I wonder what they use it for since it's not sharp.

I know it isn't a Jacksons?? and the horn is very hard and tough but does not have a point like you said. I believe it is bone but don't quote me on that :D

Hello everyone :D I have now owned my first chameleon (my Fischer named Jasper) for over a month now and I can honestly say it was the best purchase I have ever made.

I absolutely love him. He eats great with his staple feeder being dubia roaches and drinks lots. I would love to see everyone else's Fischer chams or any montane species for that matter.

Also if anyone has any expertise on the Fischer's I would love to know what sub species mine is.

All I know is he was wild caught a while ago then kept in captivity for a year before I picked him up and added him to the family. He was very shy at first but now that he is accustomed to his home he is enjoying life :)

Here are some pictures of my guy. Hope you all enjoy and can show me some of your guys :D

He is an awesome looking guy! Glad he's settled in well with you!

Yours is a Kinyongia matschiei or "giant monkey-tailed east Usambara two-horned chameleon"

Chase

Yours is a Kinyongia matschiei or "giant monkey-tailed east Usambara two-horned chameleon"

Chase

Do you know if this is his full size? I will include a picture to show off his size. Also do you have a guess at how old he is?

Attachments

• 994566a7-2dfd-4a1f-8fcd-4f47bbe7424f.jpg
    994566a7-2dfd-4a1f-8fcd-4f47bbe7424f.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20150816_223112.jpg
    IMG_20150816_223112.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 141
Yes, he is full grown. Probably over 2 years old.

They are an interesting species. I had some for a while and enjoyed them. I have pictures in my gallery if you want to see some.

Chase

Yes, he is full grown. Probably over 2 years old.

They are an interesting species. I had some for a while and enjoyed them. I have pictures in my gallery if you want to see some.

It is good to know he is full grown. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom