Calling all Dragon Strand/ Dragon ledge owners!!

Before I went bioactive I loved that the ledges held up all my plants and gave me easy access to clean. Bill calls it the floating garden and it is lovely.
Now that I have gone bioactive the ledges keep up my heavy branches and provide areas to perch the branches. I still love them.

20210101_171752.jpg
20210130_133034.jpg

That enclosure should probably be raised onto a table or stand. Chameleons are more comfortable when their basking area is at or above eye level.
I'm always willing to learn new things and accept unsolicited advice. My last chameleon was kept in the very same spot for a little over 9 years before he passed. Seems like it's ok as is.

Before I went bioactive I loved that the ledges held up all my plants and gave me easy access to clean. Bill calls it the floating garden and it is lovely.
Now that I have gone bioactive the ledges keep up my heavy branches and provide areas to perch the branches. I still love them.

View attachment 291000View attachment 291001
How did you mount your feeder on the left side since it's on the hybrid's solid wall?

How did you mount your feeder on the left side since it's on the hybrid's solid wall?
I originally had a screen enclosure (it is a reptibreeze xl). I ripped out the screen and used thin pvc boards and screwed them onto the frame (idea came from @Beman)...
Also, yes, the magnet is very strong. It will hold the feeder run on, but it wont hold my females weight if she climbs onto the feeder, so I mounted a branch underneath the feeder to give it extra stability.
16120441271643760269494847989975.jpg

Last edited:
I'm always willing to learn new things and accept unsolicited advice. My last chameleon was kept in the very same spot for a little over 9 years before he passed. Seems like it's ok as is.
First, by posting on a forum, you are—pretty much by the nature of forums—soliciting advice/input/reaction/response—especially posting a photo without context.

Second, don't shoot the messenger.
Height is security to most chameleon species found in captivity. But height to a chameleon is not how far their basking branch is to the floor of their cage, but how high their basking branch is relative to the people and creatures walking around them. This is why wide format cages can be shorter in height and be effective. A 30” tall cage on top of a dresser will give more security than a 48” tall cage on the floor. If you have the option, go ahead and give them both width and height, but I need to impress upon you that it is more how the cage is set-up rather than the dimensions of the cage that is important to your chameleon.
https://chameleonacademy.com/selecting-chameleon-cage-size/
and
One of the most effective ways to give security to a chameleon is to arrange it so they can perch high up. If you are able to set their cage on a platform where their perch is at or, better, above eye level of the humans walking around, your chameleon will feel much more secure. Even with a perfect cage interior, resting the cage on the floor is the quickest way to have a nervous chameleon.
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-placement/
and previous threads here.

Chameleon cage on the floor?

Can a cham cage sit on the floor?

Back
Top Bottom