Calcium suppliment

RJChamers

Just want to say thank you to everyone here. We've learned alot. My son is getting his first chameleon in April, so we are getting everything together. Has anyone used JurassiCal Reptile & Amphibian Dry Calcium Supplement or should I stay with Repcal? Looking for one with no D3.

JurassiCal is made from lime stone.
repcal is made from oyster shells.

At this point in the argument, we are one step away from marketing snake oil one which source is better. On one had you could say that lime stone is "raw" with a higher bioavaliblity. On the other hand, to be classified as lime stone calcium carbonate, the rock on needs to contain at least 50% calcium carbonate. With oyster shells, you could say its "used" since the oyster got the calcium from the mineral deposits and used them. On the other hand oyster shell is more expensive, and is generally 95-99% calcium carbonate.

So have fun beating your head against the wall. I will stay ALOT of people on the forums use repcal with great success, it is a time proven supplement. I use sticky tongue farms for the last 30 years, so i know that works as well, and its berry flavored :)

Back
Top Bottom