Calcium in water?

Trusting your water supply, with out thorough investigation and testing, is not something I would advise.
Actually, I AM my water utility company, LoL, although I do still just use bottled for the Cham, cockatoo, 'keets, and Kenyan Sand Boa, which is reverse osmosis (Niagra).
We only use the minimum required food grade chlorine (.2 - 4.0 ppm), and nothing else in the water system. ?

it might be a bit off topic but this way of providin chsmeleon with water is the best way to overhydrate it.
It's not like I force it down her throat - I offer it, and she drinks the drops - no different than drinking drops from a leaf.
i strongly recommend against this way of hydrsting a chameleon.
So, drinking dripping water is wrong?? Seriously?

, your csge is a very strange setup: the brsnches are way to thick and lots of fake plants are life threatening for the chameleon.

Tell the Cham about the branches, then. She appears to enjoy them, and they give her the perfect basking spot.
As for the plants, how is it that they are so dangerous? They provide her with climbing grips, and she makes no attempts to eat them, dining instead on her kale, pothos, umbrella tree, collards, and mango. She'll be introduced to kiwi tomorrow.
Oh, and back to the plastic plants, there are not "lots" - there are only two, to the 3 pothos, 1 umbrella, and multiple kale and collards.

Last edited:
My tap water is completely unusable, it’s 890tds! I use to have a very elaborate reef tanks so I have been fully aware of this issue as long as I have owned this house.
We don’t drink it and I don’t use it for my plants or animals.

If you haven’t tested the water yourselves you really have no idea what’s in it.

I have a RO unit and have for many years. it’s a good investment not only for hobby use but for clean drinking water!

If you haven’t tested the water yourselves you really have no idea what’s in it.
The state of Texas tests my water, as required by law, and I bring in samples once a month for coliform testing.
Your water system should have test results available to the consumer - here in Texas, I have to do a consumer confidence report every summer, providing our residents results of all the tests.
Just an fyi, so, check with your water company, or your state - you should be able to access all the records, and know exactly what is, and isn't, in your water. ?

The state of Texas tests my water, as required by law, and I bring in samples once a month for coliform testing.
Your water system should have test results available to the consumer - here in Texas, I have to do a consumer confidence report every summer, providing our residents results of all the tests.
Just an fyi, so, check with your water company, or your state - you should be able to access all the records, and know exactly what is, and isn't, in your water. ?
The water quality report for 2019 isn't available yet, but the ones for years prior to that are.

Of course there's "stuff" in the water, but deciphering that report is like trying to learning a foreign language, blind, without books on tape ?

It's not like I force it down her throat - I offer it, and she drinks the drops - no different than drinking drops from a leaf.

with all respect, itnis different
This way, the xhameleon takes in much more water than the ither way around

i have done experiments the excess water comprizes around 50-200%

So, drinking dripping water is wrong?? Seriously?

Tell the Cham about the branches, then. She appears to enjoy them, and they give her the perfect basking spot.
As for the plants, how is it that they are so dangerous? They provide her with climbing grips, and she makes no attempts to eat them, dining instead on her kale, pothos, umbrella tree, collards, and mango. She'll be introduced to kiwi tomorrow.
Oh, and back to the plastic plants, there are not "lots" - there are only two, to the 3 pothos, 1 umbrella, and multiple kale and collards.

The thick pieces of wood
Do not resemble in any means the biotope rhey are adapted to for millions if years... i guarrantee yij she will br more happy getting branches that she can grasp around
This is a biotope in Yemen
1583798280846.png

As ler rhe danger of
https://www.chameleons.info/l/fake-or-live/

if zoubfeed the chameleon with kale and mango, this is also what dies not serve to its health at all

The thick pieces of wood
Do not resemble in any means the biotope rhey are adapted to for millions if years... i guarrantee yij she will br more happy getting branches that she can grasp around
This is a biotope in Yemen
View attachment 260322
As ler rhe danger of
https://www.chameleons.info/l/fake-or-live/

if zoubfeed the chameleon with kale and mango, this is also what dies not serve to its health at all

Hmmm.
Okay, as to the branches, I must indeed admit I based these on images resulting from extensive searching. Here are some screenshots showing the basis of my logic:
Screenshot_20200309-202009.png Screenshot_20200309-201950.png Screenshot_20200309-201931.png Screenshot_20200309-201919.png

Looking at your image, I see a thorny vine... I would have hesitated, due to fear of damage to the feet via punctures, I do have vines of that caliber growing here, as well as grape - which had been planned for harvesting for her when I could get out to the vines.
I also have twigs at my disposal, from thorny Bois-d'arc to thorny honey locust, nonthorny hackberry, to juniper, cedar elm, peach, wild plum, and apple. Which would be best? Again, I must admit, I see her bask upon this main trunk, as well as hanging by her tail from it when being "forced" to feed herself from her cup, on the days I do not hold it for her.

As for the mango, impending kiwi, kale, and collards, it was read that she could eat that which is used to gutload, yet you however speak otherwise... Which is true? She does seem to be enjoying the vegetation, even to eating the mango from my fingers, before I could place it on the branch (yet another reason for the broadness of said offensive branch).
I am willing to do what is best for her within my abilities.

Hmmm.
Okay, as to the branches, I must indeed admit I based these on images resulting from extensive searching. Here are some screenshots showing the basis of my logic:
View attachment 260339View attachment 260340View attachment 260341View attachment 260342

Looking at your image, I see a thorny vine... I would have hesitated, due to fear of damage to the feet via punctures, I do have vines of that caliber growing here, as well as grape - which had been planned for harvesting for her when I could get out to the vines.
I also have twigs at my disposal, from thorny Bois-d'arc to thorny honey locust, nonthorny hackberry, to juniper, cedar elm, peach, wild plum, and apple. Which would be best? Again, I must admit, I see her bask upon this main trunk, as well as hanging by her tail from it when being "forced" to feed herself from her cup, on the days I do not hold it for her.

As for the mango, impending kiwi, kale, and collards, it was read that she could eat that which is used to gutload, yet you however speak otherwise... Which is true? She does seem to be enjoying the vegetation, even to eating the mango from my fingers, before I could place it on the branch (yet another reason for the broadness of said offensive branch).
I am willing to do what is best for her within my abilities.

you do not need tk be worried they damage their feet with punctures: rhey live on thorny accacias and zuziphs spinachristi in the wild and of course they know how to handle this. But i do not say you need thirns, I just say, the size of twig should be so small that they can hrasp around

as for eating vegetables and fruits: itnis NaoT natural that they eat mango,
Kiwi and none of the issues you offer. They nasically can not difest the ehetarian food,
So prociding itnis for nothing. Yiu just cause acidosis of the organism and they can get healt problems from it.so, I recommend you to
skip giving her vegetarian food at all.

I get you. If you wish, let me know when you get your report, I'd be happy to decipher it for you - we've owned our system for >6 years now, and I'm kinda fluent in that lingo ?

If your offer to look at the water quality report for my area still stands, I'm attaching it here ?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• ShowDocument.pdf
    244.2 KB · Views: 116
If your offer to look at the water quality report for my area still stands, I'm attaching it here ?
Thank you in advance!
It sure does. I've got things to do today, but I WILL look at it this afternoon and get back to you. Send me your email if you'd like, it'll be easier than answering in this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom