Calcium dosege

Kaechele

im giving my panther cham calcium with out d3 evry feeding wich is about every other day or so am i doing this correctly ? what is the recomended dosege of calcium ?

What I do is I give it calcium without D3 almost every feeding, and twice a month I will give it Herptivite, and then also calcium with D3 is twice a month.

you are doing it right.. you do not need calcium every feeding. every other is better. You have to account for the fact that your feeders will already have some calcium.

Im going to hop on this thread because I was thinking of this today. We've had a female panther for about 3 weeks now (not sure of the breed but we wanted to get her out of Petco) and a male Ambilobe for about a week and a half. Since Titus is about twice the size of Anja, we're feeding him 8-10 crickets a day and she is getting about 5. What I've been doing is dusting their crickets with Fluker's calcium with d3 every day. I do it everyday because they're both in fairly large enclosures so even though they nab a few quickly, it's usually an all day affair hunting them down so about half are undusted by the time they're eaten. Does this seem reasonable or should I scale it back?

Also, for those with more experience, is the Flukers good stuff or would another brand be better?

Little Monsters.jpg

Im going to hop on this thread because I was thinking of this today. We've had a female panther for about 3 weeks now (not sure of the breed but we wanted to get her out of Petco) and a male Ambilobe for about a week and a half. Since Titus is about twice the size of Anja, we're feeding him 8-10 crickets a day and she is getting about 5. What I've been doing is dusting their crickets with Fluker's calcium with d3 every day. I do it everyday because they're both in fairly large enclosures so even though they nab a few quickly, it's usually an all day affair hunting them down so about half are undusted by the time they're eaten. Does this seem reasonable or should I scale it back?

Also, for those with more experience, is the Flukers good stuff or would another brand be better?

View attachment 84234

You should not be using a calcium that contains D3 everyday. If you have proper UVb lighting you should AT THE MOST offer it twice a month. Now, it also depends on how much natural sun they get. If you have proper UVb lighting and they get a few hours of sun a week you do not want to use ANY D3 AT ALL. The problem is that D3 is not water soluble and builds up in their system. They can die from D3 overdose. You need to find a plain calcium that does not contain D3 or phosphorus for use on feeders that have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio such as crickets, roaches and super worms.

you are doing it right.. you do not need calcium every feeding. every other is better. You have to account for the fact that your feeders will already have some calcium.

Plain calcium is water soluble and hard to over do. You should be dusting feeders that have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio with plain calcium.

Thanks for the response and I'm happy I asked. We bring them outside for an hour or so once a week and their lamps/bulbs are new. But I will find a different supplement and spread out the dusting.

Keep in mind that a good gutload will help so you don't need to.dust with calcium as much: . If you are unfamiliar with gutloading, I would recommend doing a quick search of the forums .

The concept is that feeding your feeders with high quality foods right before they are given to your chameleon will make it so all that good stuff is still undigested in the insects stomach. This increases the overall nutritional value.

The cricket gels with calcium are not what I'm talking about..I refer to gutload as things like fresh fruits, veggies and nuts.

Back
Top Bottom