cage :)

yoshi9

Will a screen door mesh work for walling my cage? Will it be able to support my veiled and ambilobe when they reach adult size?thanks

I would recommend using an aluminum mesh instead. I found a roll of it at lowes. I did two layers of screen in my cage though... One on the inside which is larger garden screen made of thick plastic. Then the outer layer with the thin aluminum mesh. I did it to try and help maintain humidity, cause we all know its not very humid in AZ. I'm able to keep my humidity levels perfect for my chams thus far though. Hope that helps

You should definitely try to get aluminum mesh. Other meshes are often made of fiberglass. Crickets can chew right through it. Not only can they escape, but if they don't escape before the cham eats them, the cham then eats fiberglass. True, it's a very small amount, but it could still be dangerous.

You should definitely try to get aluminum mesh. Other meshes are often made of fiberglass. Crickets can chew right through it. Not only can they escape, but if they don't escape before the cham eats them, the cham then eats fiberglass. True, it's a very small amount, but it could still be dangerous.

Ok ill go back and see, I have pvc coated mesh but its to big and he gets through, I'm not sure if the mesh I got is aluminum or not ill go home and check and be sure to reply when I get home :)

Yeah, I'm not trying to scare you, I just remember studying the same thing early on. :) I like to play it safe. I think door screen is usually fiberglass but I'm no expert :p

At least mesh isn't terribly expensive.

Yeah, I'm not trying to scare you, I just remember studying the same thing early on. :) I like to play it safe. I think door screen is usually fiberglass but I'm no expert :p

At least mesh isn't terribly expensive.

We'll thanks for being willing to try and help ill be sure to post back what exactly it is. I got two rolls of mesh for 12 buck so I don't think it was that's bad lol

Ok well its not aluminum :( but its only temporary till my moms gets back this Sunday, really bummed its not aluminum:(

i just got done building my cage. i used the aluminum screen mesh at menards. i only used 1 layer and it holds my chameleon just fine. :). screen doors seem a little to weak in my opinion.

I second others opinions; "window screen" is standard fiberglass and crickets will chew through it. Aluminum is the general way to go, although I have heard of some using a coated "petsafe" mesh (but that is more expensive, i dont know much else about it never seen it)

I second others opinions; "window screen" is standard fiberglass and crickets will chew through it. Aluminum is the general way to go, although I have heard of some using a coated "petsafe" mesh (but that is more expensive, i dont know much else about it never seen it)

I can't find aluminum mesh with smaller holes the crix will get right through the holes I have with out even having to chew the aluminum lol and the aluminum I'm finding is really expensive I have no idea what to do

Back
Top Bottom