cage

ellacham

so recently i’ve been looking into cages and ideas for cages and i stumbled across a cage, yes a bird cage and i would like help or ideas?

so yes, it’s a bird cage. it looks like that’s chicken wire on it which i know is unsafe and me and my sister don’t want my little cham getting hurt by it, i was wondering if i were to removed the chicken wire and put like mesh screening.. would it be a waste of money in your opinion?? also, would i need two uvb t5 lights or ? i’m not sure how i could get proper lighting all around the cage

what is wrong wiht chicken wire again? It just galvanized wire, like most cham cages that dont use aluminum screen. If anything you wont have to worry about nails getting stuck like with aluminum screen cages.

You would still only need 1 T5HO, you could go with a 12%/10.0 however and just start chameleon hang out land at the 1 foot or farther away level.

Honestly i dont like tall cages, for some reason no matter how tall my cages are, the cham ends up just hanging out in 1 2ft vertical section, never really crawls to the bottom, nor the very top.

IMO if you’re going to replace the screening and such, you’d be better off picking up an old china/curio cabinet or armoire and turning that into a viv. Old cabinets are super cheap and in some cases people just want to be rid of them and give them away.

I find people really like to get rid of retail display cabinets :)

I think the obvious problem with wire is it doesn't contain the insects. I have seen some people use this cage but it was for housing chameleons outdoors so no lighting was required. I don't think this would work well with lights.

what is wrong wiht chicken wire again? It just galvanized wire, like most cham cages that dont use aluminum screen. If anything you wont have to worry about nails getting stuck like with aluminum screen cages.

You would still only need 1 T5HO, you could go with a 12%/10.0 however and just start chameleon hang out land at the 1 foot or farther away level.

Honestly i dont like tall cages, for some reason no matter how tall my cages are, the cham ends up just hanging out in 1 2ft vertical section, never really crawls to the bottom, nor the very top.
my girl is only two/three months old so i’m super worried about her somehow hurting herself with the wire cause it could be sharp at times

my girl is only two/three months old so i’m super worried about her somehow hurting herself with the wire cause it could be
my girl is only two/three months old so i’m super worried about her somehow hurting herself with the wire cause it could be sharp at times

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with chicken wire. My outdoor enclosures are screened in with chicken wire. The only sharp parts are the ends, which are on the outside. Indeed, regular screen gets much sharper as it can be ripped easily. The only problem with chicken wire is that it won’t contain your bugs.

Back
Top Bottom