cage update

I would say the position of your feeder is pretty well placed. Great job on the enclosure redo! I love it! Your sweet Todo will be cruising around that tree in no time. Fantastic 👍🏽❤️

you’re also one amazing person you’ve helped so much😊, and i will be sure to! also one last question, does the postion of the feeder look better or should i put it more towards the back where his basking light is?
Ummm I think it’s ok where it is. You want it so you can fill it easily but also at eye level with your chameleon when it’s basking so it can see the movement of th bugs.

@Beman what do you think of placement for the feeder run?

Hard for me to tell branch placement near it. Just make sure there is a branch running in front of it so its easy to access. It will make it easier for the cham to learn to use it.

Can you measure the distance from UVB bulb and the branch that’s closest? Also if mentioned before, apologies, what kind UVB bulb strength and bulb type? T5HO? T8

Looks like a nice variety of branches from what I can tell, I’d add some more plants in the middle if you can make it happen, needs places to hide :)

Great improvements you’ve been making! Keep it up!
i was able to find more chameleon safe plants today🥰
IMG_2742.jpeg
IMG_2741.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg

Yay!!! Keeping chameleons, got me in to learning how to care for plants better too! So it’s a nice win win! You’re making some great progress!

Yay!!! Keeping chameleons, got me in to learning how to care for plants better too! So it’s a nice win win! You’re making some great progress!
i know😂😂 never would i have thought that keeping a chameleon would make me more interested in plants but here we are and thank you so much😊

i know you said any unused space is wasted space, but did i overload the cage on sticks?! i plan to add more plants soon but hopefully i didn’t add too many sticks 😂😂View attachment 351161
Not at all in my opinion that looks awesome!
So after purchasing more plants for his cage i realized i have added too many sticks and there’s not a lot of places to add the plants i bought, so i decided im going to completely reorganize the branches (other than the ones in the 4 corners). Todo still isn’t very open to me other than hand feeding and he’s very defensive when i reach in his enclosure which i obviously understand but do you think i should try to take him out of his cage onto a tree that i have while i organize it? or should i just leave him be in there while i do it😁

So after purchasing more plants for his cage i realized i have added too many sticks and there’s not a lot of places to add the plants i bought, so i decided im going to completely reorganize the branches (other than the ones in the 4 corners). Todo still isn’t very open to me other than hand feeding and he’s very defensive when i reach in his enclosure which i obviously understand but do you think i should try to take him out of his cage onto a tree that i have while i organize it? or should i just leave him be in there while i do it😁
That’s what I do, I have some trees in my house for my chams to free range while I’m reorganizing the enclosure or deep cleaning. I find it stresses them less. Before that I would put them in their vet box. Just make sure if you have them on a tree you don’t have any other pets around and someone is keeping an eye on them. They like to sneak away 😝

That’s what I do, I have some trees in my house for my chams to free range while I’m reorganizing the enclosure or deep cleaning. I find it stresses them less. Before that I would put them in their vet box. Just make sure if you have them on a tree you don’t have any other pets around and someone is keeping an eye on them. They like to sneak away 😝
yes that’s what i was worried about lol but i’ll make sure i have someone watching him, thank you so much😊 this is the cage right now but i don’t like the layout and it’s hard to get plants in there so i’ll send an updated picture later today when im done!
IMG_2743.jpeg

yes that’s what i was worried about lol but i’ll make sure i have someone watching him, thank you so much😊 this is the cage right now but i don’t like the layout and it’s hard to get plants in there so i’ll send an updated picture later today when im done!View attachment 351316
Each photo you share there are more and more improvements :). It’s looking great!

Each photo you share there are more and more improvements :). It’s looking great!
also for whatever reason i feel like his stripe coloration was really dark tonight, does it look darker than usual to you and is this something i should be worried about?
IMG_2750.png
IMG_2751.png

thank you so much😊! this is the update from today after i completely reorganized the branches so it’s not as cluttered, im very happy with how it looks! i do plan to add more plants tomorrow when i can actually repot the soil that’s in them but so far so good!View attachment 351340
That looks awesome! I usually add in more sticks after I put in all my plants where I want them.

That looks awesome! I usually add in more sticks after I put in all my plants where I want them.
What a cutie! He looks great to me tbh. He may be a little stressed from his enclosure changing. Mine all do that even with one simple plant change.
Yes i learned that the hard way unfortunately 😂 but it’s still a work in progress, and yes that’s what i figured! I just had never seen his stripe coloration that dark before so i’d figured id ask. He was very upset with me taking him out of the cage (hissing and trying to bite me) but once i got him out and onto a tree he was okay for the rest of the day but im hoping my taming work pays off soon so i don’t have to worry about maybe taking a bit everytime i have to take him out😂

Back
Top Bottom