Cage smells at the top?

Rangow07

In the last 2 months or so I have a real ficus plant in my chameleons cage. I have noticed a smell only at the top of his cage since the plant went in. Could it be the gasses the plant leta off or something else. The cage ia always clean ?

Any info appreciated :)

That is weird. I have heard of the pot smelling if the water is not draining. You will
get root rot and it does stink! That is at the bottom and not the top though

In the last 2 months or so I have a real ficus plant in my chameleons cage. I have noticed a smell only at the top of his cage since the plant went in. Could it be the gasses the plant leta off or something else. The cage ia always clean ?

Any info appreciated :)
Is it when the light are on? or off? In the morning ? or throughout the day/night?

I think its a metalic smell now you say it.
Could be a short in the wiring, Or if you are misting the top and any water is getting on the light fixture, that could cause electrical reaction and create a smell as the water evaporates from the heat/reaction.

Or it could just be the smell of fresh air/ oxygen produced by plant. I know for me living in the city, it is sometimes a shock to smell fresh air.

Last edited:
ozone/burning electronics arent great to breathe in, just be careful where you spray or redirect your system if you have an auto-mister

Back
Top Bottom