Cage size?

Chammy007

Established Member
Hello, in the basic husbandry section it says:
The most common mistake people make is getting a cage that is too small. Chameleons of most species need a cage that is at least 18”x18”x36” (45cm x 45 cm x 91cm) tall!

Just making sure.I bought a cage with the dimensions of 18”x18”x36”. Will this do? For a Veiled Cham?thanks.chammy007

Only when they are young. You will need to upgrade to an adult-sized enclosure of 24"x24"x48" in a short handful of months. I always recommend getting the adult size cage to begin with

Only when they are young. You will need to upgrade to an adult-sized enclosure of 24"x24"x48" in a short handful of months. I always recommend getting the adult size cage to begin with
I was under the impression that the 36” would do the trick.thanks much.chammy007

Male or Female. 18x18x36 is ok for female, they are much smaller. Look into atrium type and diy if you want to save money. Bigger is better, but I have found they like to have a retreat above eye level. It makes them feel safe if the can feel hidden and protected. You don't necessarily need a bigger cage, just put it up higher to achieve this. but still same minimum size.

Male or Female. 18x18x36 is ok for female, they are much smaller. Look into atrium type and diy if you want to save money. Bigger is better, but I have found they like to have a retreat above eye level. It makes them feel safe if the can feel hidden and protected. You don't necessarily need a bigger cage, just put it up higher to achieve this. but still same minimum size.

Hey, juust so you know: today you've resurfaced several threads that have been inactive for months. The OPs of these posts have already received the answers they needed and you aren't really adding anything new, so please avoid cluttering up the forum by resurrecting dead threads in the future. No disrespect--I see you're new here, so I just want to impart a little forum etiquette wisdom on ya.

Back
Top Bottom