Cage size for a 5 month old panther

bbleifus

I got my son a panther cham for Christmas and started him out in a 18"L x 12"W x20"H screen cage. The cham has already doubles in size and is around ten inches from nose to tail. At what time is should I get a larger cage. I am thinking about an 18"x18"x36" cage but do not want to put him in a larger cage too soon.

I got my son a panther cham for Christmas and started him out in a 18"L x 12"W x20"H screen cage. The cham has already doubles in size and is around ten inches from nose to tail. At what time is should I get a larger cage. I am thinking about an 18"x18"x36" cage but do not want to put him in a larger cage too soon.

I got my panther at 8 months and put him directly into a 2x2x4 cage, the biggest one I could find with a quick search of ebay. He had no problems in the cage as far as getting around or hunting went. I would just put the crickets on the screen and watch them to make sure they walked up the screen instead of down so that Samson had an easy hunt of them. If you wanted to buy him the 1.5x1.5x3 that isn't a bad idea but you eventually will need to get another bigger cage. If you can construct the cage so he has an easy time climbing about and getting to the top then assuming all your husbandry is correct your only concern could be weather or not the cham effectively hunt in his territory I would just make the one time adult cage purchase. One easy solution though is cupfeeding if the cage is too big.

I have my adult panther in a 18 X 30 X 36 but I think if I had to cage him in that all the time It would have to be bigger. What I am saying is, I have a free range area for him and a super large outdoor cage. .

Back
Top Bottom