Cage placement

Monta

Established Member
hello people, i bought my new male panther chameleon from Kammerflage yesterday. He will be here next week. l have a question on where to place his cage . The one room I have has great lighting ,French doors where I could roll the cage to at times to get some sun. It's a room that connects to living a room and dinning and it has the stairs to the upper level. So what I'm trying to say is,we only uses it for walking through to room to room. The main reason I'm asking is that too much activity around him if he was put there?

I would give that room a try but try to avoid going thru it much the first couple weeks. He will probably settle in fine if not you could relocate him. Giving him a lot of hiding places will help him feel secure.

You said you could roll the cage there to get some sun...with the doors open?
Sunlight's brightness is good...but if the light is passing through glass it won't give him UVB.
If your cage is glass you need to be careful not to overheat the chameleon.

Last edited:
I would give that room a try but try to avoid going thru it much the first couple weeks. He will probably settle in fine if not you could relocate him. Giving him a lot of hiding places will help him feel secure.
Thanks , I'll try that and I will put lots of hiding places too.

You said you could roll the cage there to get some sun...with the doors open?
Sunlight's brightness is good...but if the light is passing through glass it won't give him UVB.
If your cage is glass you need to be careful not to overheat the chameleon.
Thank you , the cage is a 4 sided screen cage.and I did order the light fixture from Todd like so many on this website recommended .you guy's are a real big help with answering questions us newbies have I appreciate that . Thank for your time

Sorry...for clarity...I meant with the French doors open so there's no glass between the cage and the sunlight.

You could, he just won't get the benefits of natural uvb. It will not harm if the doors are closed.

sounds like you are getting some good info and equipment. you got a light your reptiles fixture? if so you will love it and your cham and plants will thrive under it! post some pics for everyone to see when you get it all setup!

Thank you , I was just going to leave him two feet from the door for a short period of time ,say 20 minutes.the sun moves quite quickly. I have blinds between the glass that would help filter the direct sun on him. Right?

sounds like you are getting some good info and equipment. you got a light your reptiles fixture? if so you will love it and your cham and plants will thrive under it! post some pics for everyone to see when you get it all setup!
How old was your chameleon when that pic was taken? He's a cute guy

Thank you , I was just going to leave him two feet from the door for a short period of time ,say 20 minutes.the sun moves quite quickly. I have blinds between the glass that would help filter the direct sun on him. Right?
i dont even see the sun being a help nor is it going to hurt anything. unless he is directly outside. but my girl was 4 and a half months in that pic.

IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2745.jpg
i dont even see the sun being a help nor is it going to hurt anything. unless he is directly outside. but my girl was 4 and a half months in that pic.
Sorry , I thought it was a male.my bad

Back
Top Bottom