Cage over crowded?

JacobC

IMG_2044.JPG

I was wondering if my cage has a little to much for my Nosey be chameleon?

He is most likely ready to go into an adult sized cage then as soon as possible. Most 4-6 month Olds are upgraded around that time.

Sadly yes, they grow very fast and become ready for large spaces much quicker than we are ready lol

Hmmm if you want to go fancy you can get a dragonstrand, but zoomed reptibreeze work well, and lllreptile are like zoomed I think except you can combine cages.

Hmmm if you want to go fancy you can get a dragonstrand, but zoomed reptibreeze work well, and lllreptile are like zoomed I think except you can combine cages.
Yeah I was looking at lllreptile but I couldn't find a cage that I could attach to the one I have now because it's the 18x18x36

The Pachira aquatica you've used is toxic, if eaten, though that is unlikely with a panther. There are safer, better choices, that will branch more readily and can be kept compact. Ficus, miracle fruit, aralia, and pothos can be found at most Lowes or Home Depots, though you may have to order a miracle fruit tree as they aren't commonly sold in stores.

The Pachira aquatica you've used is toxic, if eaten, though that is unlikely with a panther. There are safer, better choices, that will branch more readily and can be kept compact. Ficus, miracle fruit, aralia, and pothos can be found at most Lowes or Home Depots, though you may have to order a miracle fruit tree as they aren't commonly sold in stores.
I haven't seen him eat any of the plant but I will have to look into this plants because I'm looking into a bigger cage for him thank you

Pothos would give you a safe plant AND alot of vines to walk around on. Dont be timid to start pruning it like you want it. The growers make it full and robust. We need walking space so cut some of those leaves off if they are in the way

Also, Im trying out getting a screen kit at Home Depot and making a larger space for my boys to walk. I'm pretty 'crafty' and I have a drill. Look at your cage and think about if you had 5 screen sides that you could use...I think it's do-able.

Back
Top Bottom