Cage lighting power

My lighting in my chameleon cage is2 by 2 by 4 is not strong enough so I feel that I need to make my uvb
stronger like having 10 and 10 on the top of my cage. if anyone can help me decide what is best I would
like to talk to you. please help me decide. In my smaller cage I had 15 uvb running for a 1 year and he seamed to like it ok. thank you who ever this may concern .

What species to you have? What makes you feel your current UV isn't strong enough? Chams typically don't require the powerful UV radiation many other herps do. What specific bulb are you using now and how old is it?

I am using a regular 10 uvb light and it is only about 2 months old and my basking is only 2 months old so I got my long 10 light with the base
and put it up today and all of it is made by reptisun and my chameleon is under it as I speak he loves it. I've got 2 ficus 1 pothos 1 croton
in his cage with a new grow double light made from Solar Flare really nice so I think he is happy so far but thanks for asking.

I have read some nonsense before, but this is a good one.

After running the first post through a $50,000 server farm from amazon aws, i have deduced that:

OP has a reptabreeze XL 24x24x48
OP has a CFL reptisun 10.0
OP has a basking light
OP has a linear reptisun 10.0
OP has a 2 CFL hood with plant grow lights

No further information has been found.

Based on the above, the top of the cage should be caving in at any moment, having like 5 hoods on it. Or its possible OP has the reptabreeze on its side :p

;i don't think you understand what i have on top of my cage but if you want me to tell you again i will i only have 3 fixture
on top of my cage and it is not falling in . All i have is 1 double, 1 single,and the double basking and uvb light now do you
understand any better. thank you

My chameleon is very healthy thank you very much and as of right now he is on top of a branch under the long
10 uvb light enjoying his self so I don't think I have to much for my chameleon I think you need to take care of yours
and don't worry about mind.thank you very much.

My chameleon is very healthy thank you very much and as of right now he is on top of a branch under the long
10 uvb light enjoying his self so I don't think I have to much for my chameleon I think you need to take care of yours

You asked for opinions about lighting. You are getting them. I have seen many chameleons injured while sitting under incorrect lighting, so I would suggest either listen to opinions and make decisions based on more information, or ask an expert.

What the hell is with these people coming on here asking for advice and when they are told to try something else and that they aren't doing things right they get all defensive.

People should really swallow their pride, converse intelligently and maturely, and prioritize their chameleons health.

I would say this reaction was due to some replies that were less than helpful, even if they may have been accurate. I only replied because the last response did not warrant that type of response. Unfortuatey good advice may have been taken as something other than what it was due to previous comments.

WHAT? Why did you ask? Sounds like something got lost in translation.

Back
Top Bottom