Cage is ready...Wheres my Cham!?!?

Jason4045

I am anxiously waiting for my baby to arrive. :eek: I got a baby Blue Bar Ambilobe Panther (male), coming tomorrow morning. I finished up the cage about an hr ago. Everything seams to be in order, if it looks like I forgot something please lets me know.;) This is my second cham, and the whole process was a lot less painless then the first, I am pretty proud of myself as far as all I have learned, and consider myself very lucky to have all you guys her for help and support. Thanks guys. :) I will be sure to post pics of the the little guy tomorrow morning :D

Pics:

Attachments

• DSC02467.jpg
    DSC02467.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC02471.jpg
    DSC02471.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC02473.JPG
    DSC02473.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC02478.JPG
    DSC02478.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02480.jpg
    DSC02480.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 203
I would personally change out the moss in that pot for some river rock. There is just much less risk of impaction that way.

Great cage, get more fake or real plants in there! =) It would be great for the cham. Love your construct.!

The FedEx guy brought my little bundle of joy this morning. Is it just me or he really small? I thought they needed to be a bit older/larger to be sold!?!?:confused: Anyway Here is "Eighty8" :)

Attachments

• DSC02487.JPG
    DSC02487.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC02488.JPG
    DSC02488.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC02490.JPG
    DSC02490.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC02491.JPG
    DSC02491.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC02493.JPG
    DSC02493.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 203
hey Jason everything looks good but is that the ac vent on the top left corner? If so i would switch where your helmets are with your cage so the ac doesn't bother your little one.

looks kinda young who did you get him from and that cage may be to big for him to eat well

I thought he was a bit small/young. Had he been the same size of my Vield when I got her the cage would have been fine. I will cup feed him for a few weeks to ensure he is well fed. As for the Chameleon, he came from LLL, I am kinda concerned about the age that they are selling these at.

Last edited:
hey Jason everything looks good but is that the ac vent on the top left corner? If so i would switch where your helmets are with your cage so the ac doesn't bother your little one.

That air vent is disconnected in the attic, so no worries there Thank you for the keen eye observation, as that could be a problem.;)

The FedEx guy brought my little bundle of joy this morning. Is it just me or he really small? I thought they needed to be a bit older/larger to be sold!?!?:confused: Anyway Here is "Eighty8" :)

Looks to me like "it" could be 2.5 - 3months old.

I am going to say it , sorry...

looks to me like SHE is really small not he. I am not 100% sure but I am not seeing male at all. (I hope I am wrong)

I would say you got a pretty little girl on your hands.

Last edited:
You may want to cup feed that cage is a little large for a Cham that small. I would keep her in a tub or a tank for a couple of months then move her up to that cage when she is a little larger.

What is this meeting you speak of!?!? :confused:

The South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting. We meet the last Tuesday of the month lately in downtown LA. 25 chameleon-aholics trading bugs and info and chameleons.
Did you order a male? I'm thinking it's a girl. And that cage is too big for your little one right now, I'd put her in a smaller cage for a few months.

Ryan, I was typing same time as you I guess!

Nice little baby, maybe they'll give you some sort of refund if it is indeed a girl. I dont know lll's policy, but most breeders will make the switch or of worst case, a deep discount.

Back
Top Bottom