Cage??? How do?

Okay so I'm ordering a reptibreeze. the xlarge. I have a pothos plant in his cham cantina (can't wait to throw that thing away) and a couple branches. I've got some vines and fake tropical plants in my petco cart but how in the world do you attach that stuff to the sides of your reptibreeze?!?!! I don't want to buy it and not know how to attach it... Also. How do you plant real plants in the bottom of your reptibreeze without soil falling through the mesh. (I know to put something on top so the soil is inaccessible to my cham).

Edit: Is it safe to buy dollar store fake plants to put in his cage? wash them off first? or stick to petstore supplies?

The reptibreeze is all screen so you may have a difficult time maintaining a good humidity percentage so you should go with real plants instead of fake. I attached my branches to my screen cage by using tacks on each end and used wire to suspend my plants inside. You don't really plant real plants inside, just keep them in the pot they came in or repot them

The plants need to be in pots for starters not on the ground of the cage or u will have a muddy mess. I would look into buying some cheap pothos plants or shefflera from wal mart or home depot lowes anywhere really fake plants are only good for creating more cover. Also instead of buying the reptibreeze look at the Zilla cages they are cheaper and better quality and the large one is 30in wide and tall and 18 deep its much better then the 24x24x48 in basically every way and gives your cham more room to roam and hide. Just look on here for clever way of attaching and things to do with cages. I would guess u have a lot or learning to do this site is full of useful information and care sheets just use the seach bar. Most people dont like to respond to very simple generic questions that you u can easily find in these basic care sheets.

Last edited:
You can learn a lot just from lookin at cages on here hanging things on the cage is a common problem there is never a perfect answer Ive seen everything from paper clips to zip ties and fishing string to attach things any weight on the screen evenually takes a toll tho especially on the repti breezes they have cheap frames and screen in my opinion.

hmm. I just looked at the zilla cage. It's not as high as the reptibreeze. Isn't it better to have a higher cage than a longer cage? Are there other non mesh options that would be easier for me to attach vines and foliage too?

I got light diffuser, cut it to fight my back wall, used pond and stone great stuff foam all over the light diffuser and foamed plant pots inside of it along with branches. Then i planted pothos inside of it when it dried and just pinned it to the screen wall. Turned out nice and helps keep my humidity at a decent level.

I made a scaffold out of bamboo stakes from Home Depot. I attached the branches and vines to it. I precut them and predrilled them, then connected them together with fishing line or plastic covered wire, which was inserted through the holes before i put in the main frame into the cage. I was actually able to asemble the main frame and top, and insert through the bottom of the cage. The finishrd with side stakes inside.
cage.JPG

I made a scaffold out of bamboo stakes from Home Depot. I attached the branches and vines to it. I precut them and predrilled them, then connected them together with fishing line or plastic covered wire, which was inserted through the holes before i put in the main frame into the cage. I was actually able to asemble the main frame and top, and insert through the bottom of the cage. The finishrd with side stakes inside.
View attachment 174872

wow that is impressive. As a college student with only a small screwdriver I think i'm going to utilize some zipties. I went with the zilla x large. if anybody has pictures of this in their actual house that would be great. I'm having trouble visualizing how bit it's going to be. I need to find a place in my house to put it.

Back
Top Bottom