Cage Building.... Building....Building

SMCNARY

Established Member
I have been looking for live and artificial plants for a week and could not find anything that was acceptable for my needs. I cut some Crepe Myrtle branches and put these cages together,I hope they will work for my adult male Panthers and Young PARSONII.
Let me know what you think!!!!
ga4e5u5y.jpg
uhe7atu7.jpg

yqavadej.jpg
e9ezaza2.jpg
a3ada4ap.jpg
asedyzer.jpg
ase3edur.jpg
harahyge.jpg
9u2egy4u.jpg
behymu2u.jpg

Rambo seems happy in his new diggs!!!!!

I swear the only place to get live plants anymore is Lowes or Home Depot:mad:. I remember going out with my Mom and shopping the greenhouses in the area for awesome houseplants. One of my favorite winter time activities was going into a greenhouse with condensation running down the glass and getting some new plants to brighten up the house while waiting for spring! Can't do that any more:(

Agree

I hear you!! I know of one mom and pop floral greenhouse 4.5 hours from me that is like the ones I remember. Family lives nearby but it's not a winter trip where I could bring back plants. There is one local place that tries to have a variety of small plants but it's nothing like I remember from years ago. :(

Custon glass vivarium

Please help. Can anyone recommend a good company that custom builds glass vivariums. Ive got a great design to house both my male and female panther chameleon, independently of each other. Many thanks Jamie

Im not sure of any companies that custom build but chams do much better in screened enclosures or something with alot of ventilation .

Looking good Steve!!!!!
All of the chams should be quite content with their new set ups!!! As far as the crepe myrtle branches go, along with fake vines, they're all I use in my enclosures for perching, they're very sturdy and easy to cut to fit an area. We have several trees in the back yard and when we trim them I save the branches for future use..

Looking good Steve!!!!!
All of the chams should be quite content with their new set ups!!! As far as the crepe myrtle branches go, along with fake vines, they're all I use in my enclosures for perching, they're very sturdy and easy to cut to fit an area. We have several trees in the back yard and when we trim them I save the branches for future use..

Thanks Lisa, the Crepe Myrtle do work very well and I know several people that have used them for years. I was able to get just enough branches for these seven 2x2x4 cages I'm doing. After these I'm done!!! Well at least for a minute :D :rolleyes:

Nice setup. I have not used crape myrtle yet but that is some dense wood I assume it would last forever.

Nice setup. I have not used crape myrtle yet but that is some dense wood I assume it would last forever.

Thanks,Reptoman/Brian has been using them for years in his set ups and says he has used the same ones for 3 plus years now.

Back
Top Bottom