Cage and Gear

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello Chamily,

As some of you know I have been working the past few months on expanding my chamily and getting a male Nosy Be from a breeder. I did the whole pond foam extraveganza and purchased a 3rd cage because the one my girl is in currently has spider mites so she needed a new enclosure as well. (she's moments away from laying. I'm not gonna move her before then. Consulted her vet and a few people here.)

Well -- I will not be getting a Nosy Be. 1- the breeder I put a deposit down with just never notified me or contacted me again. (I see on FB that people have gotten their chams from the clutch so... ok?) 2. My dog had some very unexpected medical expenses happen last week (slipped her disk, literally doing nothing...) :-( I figured since the breeder never contact me again and my dog had this happen right now that I'll take the sign and wait, or just not get another cham. *sigh*

Been a tough couple weeks in the chamily, I know. The point of this post is this:

I have an unboxed 2x4x4 dragon strange cage with ledges that I need to unload. I'm going to use the one I built for the Nosy Be for Mona. I'll let it go for cheap(er) if someone is interested. I also have a 24" reflected hood and a freaking mistking starter system. I'm pretty sad-- but c'est la vie.

I would love to send this all to one person. I'll throw in some free something if someone takes it all.

PM me if you're interested. Also -- please post baby cham pics below to brighten my day thanks!

I hate to see you sell off your future baby stuff. :( I am sorry to hear about the baby too. Is there no way you can keep the stuff until the right baby comes along?

Here is one of my favorite Beman Baby pics... When he was little he loved looking out the window. He would literally sit in the same spot and just watch everything outside for 30 minutes at a time lol.

11-27-18 copy.jpg

I hate to see you sell off your future baby stuff. :( I am sorry to hear about the baby too. Is there no way you can keep the stuff until the right baby comes along?

Here is one of my favorite Beman Baby pics... When he was little he loved looking out the window. He would literally sit in the same spot and just watch everything outside for 30 minutes at a time lol.

View attachment 241289

I thought about keeping it -- but I think this disc issue will be a new "rest of her life" think for my doggo. I want to get through this with her before making the decision again. Maybe I'm being a little rash but I can always build up the equipment again. I could afford it all, but I want to make sure any baby I get gets plenty of attention / care.

View attachment 241289
Thanks Becca. I love Beman! I seriously think Chameleons are the cutest. The LITTLE FEETS!

So sorry about your dog and situation in general. It’s rotten when any of our ‘babies’ fall ill. Personally, I would pack all the cham stuff away for future use. Hoping it all works out for you.
* YES!!, Love the little ‘mitten’ cham feet!

I thought about keeping it -- but I think this disc issue will be a new "rest of her life" think for my doggo. I want to get through this with her before making the decision again. Maybe I'm being a little rash but I can always build up the equipment again. I could afford it all, but I want to make sure any baby I get gets plenty of attention / care.
I think if you can store it and afford the care for your dog then do that. DS cages have a wait time. You never know. A baby could pop up and it be meant to be. I know you have a lot going on with your doggy. I would not take this or the breeders total rudeness as a sign. Just maybe a sign that this was not the right baby and your dogs disk injury as a when you get her through it the right baby will pop up.

I know we as a community have been through hell the past few weeks. Just know we love you and want only what is best for you. So whatever you decide we support you. <3 xoxoxo

Oh, I'm so sorry!! Slipped disks are tough... is she going for surgery, or have you opted for medical management? Poor critter... we've been seeing a lot of "back dogs" at the clinic lately!

Here's a picture of Lily and baby Pickle Rick (3mo)!

View attachment 241296

View attachment 241297

PICKLE RICK OMG!!

I am going to take the goose (dog) to the CSU animal hospital this week. She may need surgery but if it's not too bad she can rehab with some PT. They have her pretty drugged rn (rimadyl, gabapentin and a muscle relaxer)

PICKLE RICK OMG!!

I am going to take the goose (dog) to the CSU animal hospital this week. She may need surgery but if it's not too bad she can rehab with some PT. They have her pretty drugged rn (rimadyl, gabapentin and a muscle relaxer)

Crossing my fingers and toes for a good prognosis!! :love:

And right? Isn't he just the sweetest itty bitty? I'm totally not biased at all, of course! Lisa (the breeder) says he's a very well mannered, tolerant little guy. Sooo excited! 24 more days until he comes home! :D

Back
Top Bottom