Cage #2

Toothless the cham

Established Member
So I'm getting a femail chameleons because I'm going to start breeding soon. I don't want to put the female in the cage before I know it's suitable. We do not have all the parts yet. Pretty much the rest of it will be coming in tomorrow. Once my dad and I completely finish I'll post another picture. Just in case it affects anything we're getting a veiled. I think we need a few more Vines but my dad doesn't know. Here are the pictures. 15524404172209025218819306680439.jpg 15524404302408919004423093677347.jpg 15524404417477868715543873199819.jpg 15524404577558898357958322037541.jpg also the mist king is not yet installed will be doing that tomorrow. More pictures soon. and just to be clear I want to know if everything's okay and we should add anything. Thank you in advance.

So I'm getting a femail chameleons because I'm going to start breeding soon. I don't want to put the female in the cage before I know it's suitable. We do not have all the parts yet. Pretty much the rest of it will be coming in tomorrow. Once my dad and I completely finish I'll post another picture. Just in case it affects anything we're getting a veiled. I think we need a few more Vines but my dad doesn't know. Here are the pictures.View attachment 225490View attachment 225492View attachment 225493View attachment 225494also the mist king is not yet installed will be doing that tomorrow. More pictures soon. and just to be clear I want to know if everything's okay and we should add anything. Thank you in advance.
What kind of lights are those? And before you start breeding make sure you do your research, there are resource tabs on this website on breeding too

What kind of lights are those? And before you start breeding make sure you do your research, there are resource tabs on this website on breeding too
don't worry about that I have done my research I've been doing research for about 5 months now. The lights we use for the top of the cage are reptisun LED UVB terrarium Hood's I use them for both my cages. It's a reptisun 5.0 t5HO UVB lamp.

don't worry about that I have done my research I've been doing research for about 5 months now. The lights we use for the top of the cage are reptisun LED UVB terrarium Hood's I use them for both my cages. It's a reptisun 5.0 t5HO UVB lamp.
Do you have a laying bin prepped and ready?

I will soon I don't have the Cham yet. Correct if I'm wrong but the minimum is 8inch by 1foot correct
The laying bin should be at least 16x16x16 with a substrate of 12”. Extra calcium should be given to gravid females to keep up with the need of making eggshells but be careful to not over feed. Females laying eggs could also shorten their life span

The laying bin should be at least 16x16x16 with a substrate of 12”. Extra calcium should be given to gravid females to keep up with the need of making eggshells but be careful to not over feed. Females laying eggs could also shorten their life span
Also, check out this resource tab on veiled chameleon and scroll down to breeding and egg laying prep.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
Ok thank you let us see if anyone comes into the conversation. Also are you a breeder?

You know you can't keep chams together, you need to figure in space for at least 5 more cages/terrariums, and they can not, I repaet. can not see each other

You could even put a tank terrarium decor wallpaper between them .. least itll look nicer then a towel an theyre water proof... they def need to not be able to see one another unless theyre actually breeding and receptive

If you plan to breed, you are going to have to think housing permanently, adult veiled will need no less than a 24 x 24 x48 even that is too small by most people standards, where are you keeping them? Their cages?

If you plan to breed, you are going to have to think housing permanently, adult veiled will need no less than a 24 x 24 x48 even that is too small by most people standards, where are you keeping them? Their cages?
They will be staying in my room and their cages are bigger than you said.

Back
Top Bottom