Buying Pygmy's in the U.K

Spence

Hello,
I am an experienced tropical tortoise keeper and I would like to start keeping and breeding Pygmy Chameleons too. I have looked online and in pet-shops in the south-west of the UK and not found too many I feel comfortable with. There seems to be lots of Panther, Veileds and Jackson's around to buy but less options in the U.K for Pygmy's.
I stumbled across a website called Junglebugs, they offer a nice setup which I see no problem with for around £180 (http://www.junglebugs.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=137). Does anyone have experience with this website? I have tried to find out about them but there's not much around.
Also, I'm new to the forum but I love chameleons ever since a lovely Panther chameleon came up to me when I was in a pet shop and wanted to climb my hand despite being behind glass!

I have heard quite a few people buying from the site. Some have had a few die and oters have had great success.

Hello,
I am an experienced tropical tortoise keeper and I would like to start keeping and breeding Pygmy Chameleons too. I have looked online and in pet-shops in the south-west of the UK and not found too many I feel comfortable with. There seems to be lots of Panther, Veileds and Jackson's around to buy but less options in the U.K for Pygmy's.
I stumbled across a website called Junglebugs, they offer a nice setup which I see no problem with for around £180 (http://www.junglebugs.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=137). Does anyone have experience with this website? I have tried to find out about them but there's not much around.
Also, I'm new to the forum but I love chameleons ever since a lovely Panther chameleon came up to me when I was in a pet shop and wanted to climb my hand despite being behind glass!
Hi Spence, I just had 3 Bearded Pygmies arrive from Jungle Bugs this morning. All alive and seemingly well, although obviously a bit early to tell if there are any subtle health problems, but they were mooching around the viv happily enough when I left them earlier.

It's my first experience with Jungle bugs and so far I'm very happy. He also just recently got in a lot of Pygmy stock so it's a good time to give him a shout. Hope that helps. I'll post up some pics of my pygmies when I get home.

You can get the pygmy chameleons there but source your other products such the terrarium and lighting from websites such as surreypetsupplies, they are one of the cheaper websites i have found sofar

You can get the pygmy chameleons there but source your other products such the terrarium and lighting from websites such as surreypetsupplies, they are one of the cheaper websites i have found sofar

I use these and they are definately cheaper than most. :)

Back
Top Bottom