Buying from the critter depot?

I haven’t read the comments yet but created an account just to add our experience and email correspondence today. Husband is on the way home with the box and says there’s no way there’s 100 1-inch dubias in here. We’ll see when he gets here. There are quite a few complaints on BBB of dead bugs, small amounts and the rude, arrogant owner.

we ordered Jan 10 as our normal vendor was out of the larger roaches (we have a Beardie.) We got notification that they were finally out for delivery today with a shipping label printed Jan 18. ETA: said they were delivered to our house. Were left at post office

My husband emailed them:

H (usband):
It's about time... these were ordered 15 days ago with 3-4 day shipping. Will never order here again

CD: You're darn right, XXXXX! We shipped this order on the 18th! Make sure you let your postal carrier know how disappointed you are in his lack of effort.

H: I placed my order on the 10th... u waited until the 18th to even print a shipping label so do not send that passive aggressive s**t to me again... will tell everyone not to order from here

CD:
"yeah, this guy most def did not bother to read our shipping FAQ's."
"yeah, hopefully he learns from his mistake, or he'll have the same issues with his next vendor."
"doubt it, he can't read!"
"lol"

Hello, just like the previous poster I joined here just to comment on this post about Critter Depot
(sorry Chameleon owners, I used to count myself among you but my Jackson's and Veiled left me long ago).

I got the same "lol's" and "you can't read" type comments when I engaged with them for customer support on shipping issues. I am taking the time to post here just in case it helps someone else avoid the frustrations I went through. I never cursed at them or anything like that. It's not my way. Still this person was very rude and nasty. If they are working for you great, but that's definitely not a person I would do business with again.

If anyone wants details on my interaction with them feel free to get in touch. Have fun and be well folks.

This is crazy (and I don't mean zany).

Speaking as a former small business owner, this is not customer relations—it's customer alienation, and makes no sense whether they use disclaimers or not. You don't abuse or dis customers regardless of how they treat you; you have to keep your cool and roll with the punches.

IMO, more vendors could profit (in more ways than one) from reading & adopting the advice in Customers for Life. Doing right by customers got us positive word of mouth, repeat customers, and grew our business many fold.

Yeah I also used to own a small business and I couldn't imagine treating a customer like that. I'm really sympathetic to folks running a small business and any polite reply would have been taken well even though my order had been delayed for 11 days by the time I reached out to them. A suggestion to check the shipping faq and let me know the status of my order would have went a long way. Oh well.

For anyone in the market for I've been using https://dubiaroaches.com for buying my Dubias and they have been really great. I have only placed two orders so far, but everything arrived very fast and with no drama. They also carry a bunch of other insects too (BFSL, worms, etc). Happy herping everyone.

Back
Top Bottom