Buy a nanny cam to help with timing, and to watch of course

WashingtonCham

Established Member
Bought a 40 dollar yi nanny cam off amazon and a memory card, was best investment I ever made. The timers I bought are the zoomed ones and they are only accurate within ten min or so, with the motion detection on the camera I’m able to see exactly when things come on and off without sitting there watching it and be able to see how my Cham reacts without me there. It’s been a really cool experience so far and highly recommend it to anyone who works a long schedule like me or just wants one ;) my cam is on the top of his cage on one of the pics as I had just received him and he’s getting acclimated.

Attachments

• 4576A424-19A7-48DB-A004-0BF3EFD89DF0.png
    4576A424-19A7-48DB-A004-0BF3EFD89DF0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • B03EFDD1-587F-44C5-A154-F89C7A154D5C.png
    B03EFDD1-587F-44C5-A154-F89C7A154D5C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
Very interesting!! I've thought about getting one of these To learn their schedule, is it hard wired or battery operated, how much viewing time will it hold?

I just got my nanny cam in yesterday! I need to figure out angling because the screen makes viewing awkward. Mine was 25 off Amazon and so far I like it. It has a really wide angle lens

Was thinking bout doing something similar with a security camera system my brother has (hes upgraded so its just sitting there), hook it up to desktop with proper vid card and "bobs yer uncle". Plus I could check in on him when I'm not around.

Very interesting!! I've thought about getting one of these To learn their schedule, is it hard wired or battery operated, how much viewing time will it hold?
I bought a 64 gig memeory card for mine but you can buy one accordingly they say 64 is Max but I saw people on reviews say they used 128 and it worked fine. I don’t know exactly how long 64 will get you but I’m guessing over a week and it will automatically start overwriting your old video so you don’t have to worry about it filling up. Can also record has night vision and full 360 degree control from your phone. Can also pay for a cloud service for unlimited recording but I didn’t see the need

[/QUOTE
I bought a 64 gig memeory card for mine but you can buy one accordingly they say 64 is Max but I saw people on reviews say they used 128 and it worked fine. I don’t know exactly how long 64 will get you but I’m guessing over a week and it will automatically start overwriting your old video so you don’t have to worry about it filling up. Can also record has night vision and full 360 degree control from your phone. Can also pay for a cloud service for unlimited recording but I didn’t see the need
This one is hardwired considering I didn’t want to move it and figured it would be easier than dealing with batteries but you can get a battery operated one. There are many choices, I just went on google and looked at website reviews of different nanny cams and the one I got seemed to be the best for the money. Obviously there are a lot higher definition ones for more money but for 40 bucks I couldn’t be more pleased. The motion detection works great shows an oarnge spot on the recording playback as you can see in the picture of when the movement was happening. It’s fun seeing your Cham in his semi natural environment without anyone around.

I just got my nanny cam in yesterday! I need to figure out angling because the screen makes viewing awkward. Mine was 25 off Amazon and so far I like it. It has a really wide angle lens
If you can’t figure it out return it and get the 1080 yi nanny cam it’s only 40 bucks I think 35 for the white one. You can see how it adjusts itself to glare etc in my pictures. I imagine if I had a glass side on one of the sides of my enclosure it would be an even clearer picture. Also the night vision works surprisingly well

Was thinking bout doing something similar with a security camera system my brother has (hes upgraded so its just sitting there), hook it up to desktop with proper vid card and "bobs yer uncle". Plus I could check in on him when I'm not around.
Yes that would probably work better. Might not be able to move it but if you have a good angle it would probably be a clearer picture

If you can’t figure it out return it and get the 1080 yi nanny cam it’s only 40 bucks I think 35 for the white one. You can see how it adjusts itself to glare etc in my pictures. I imagine if I had a glass side on one of the sides of my enclosure it would be an even clearer picture. Also the night vision works surprisingly well
I'll keep that in mind, thank you!

By record I mean make a video seperate that will save permanently instead of being overwritten. Or you can just record the recording on your phone like I did for a couple of my videos, and use your phones memory

We recently added one to the Green Tree Monitor enclosure & it's been an amazing experience. I've learned more about her behavior in a couple weeks spying while at work than months of standing in front of them.
The purchase was triggered by a bad experience with the male eating her eggs & her whooping him to within inches of his life.
I love it for my baby panther because he’s still not to sure about me so it gives me the opportunity to see what he does when he thinks he’s alone. I never thought I could get a decent one for 40 bucks I recommend everyone do it, is a fun experience,

All of you that watch your chams, do you notice routine? Traveling same branches at same times everyday?
My Veiled is the king of routine. Seriously I could tell you within 5min of when he's going to drop a duce and where he's going to do it at lol. This includes his sheds. Which have been on a 28-29 day routine and takes him usually 3 days to completely rid himself of it. Only thing he can be finicky with is food. How, what, when, and other come to mind when it comes to that boys appetite. He gets started on his adult diet next week though which I hope will help with that.

Great info!! Does he travel on the same branches, at same times?
Just got mine a few days ago and he’s only been in the cage a few days so he is kinda nuts still but he does seem to have his routine they seem to have internal clocks seem to know when it’s about time to mist, go to bed etc. though I try to turn his heat lamp off a half hour before lights out so he has a chance to find a comfy spot before pitch black.

Back
Top Bottom