Butterworm grip

they can greb stuff but most of the time mine just seem to want to fall to the bottom

silks and horns have surprisingly strong grips.
butters dont. like hoj said they just kinda fall around.

if you want grippy feeders horn worms are the way to go..(ive had chams shoot at them and have to walk up, tougue stuck, and chew them off a branch) fun to watch..and not too much from mullberry farms, but mind you...they get huge fast!!lol buy babies..

if you want grippy feeders horn worms are the way to go..(ive had chams shoot at them and have to walk up, tougue stuck, and chew them off a branch) fun to watch..and not too much from mullberry farms, but mind you...they get huge fast!!lol buy babies..

I got the little snacker prepaid postage package that comes with horns, silks, and butters. I've never fed off butters so I was just wondering what the technique to feeding them off is.

if you put them in a place where they have several places to grip, i've had good luck with them crawling up and down branches, but they seem to fall off the leaves when i put them on the leaves....

they feel creepy with hand feeding. lol. but seems like any time i put them in cups, ours don't get eaten...and they seem to "drown" easily.... very little water needed....

well i have done ofcourse the tongs feeding method but a feeding dish works well( they dont climb well, kinda like waxworms, but i think waxies even climb better than the butters)..its usually what i do, same with phoenix worms and such..

i had the same thing happen. it was really funny to watch the cham still have to walk over and start chewing the horn from the leaf.

Hijack!!

I got a 250 butterworms from LLL. What sort of care do they need? Can i gutload them? If I can them what should I give them? Can I feed 5-6 crickets and a few butter worms to my 5 month old panther and oustalet? Or should they be a treat only?

My butters seem to grab a lot better once they have had a chance to worm up and have been placed on a vine they can grip... but yes, in general mine fall to the bottom of the cage sometimes. I try to just feed them off by hand rather than leave them for the chameleons to find.

if you put them in a place where they have several places to grip, i've had good luck with them crawling up and down branches, but they seem to fall off the leaves when i put them on the leaves....

they feel creepy with hand feeding. lol. but seems like any time i put them in cups, ours don't get eaten...and they seem to "drown" easily.... very little water needed....
Jandie you aint lying! ;) I'm glad this was asked... cup NOT working us! :(

Recieved my butterworms yesterday. They seem to grip my vines and wooden dowels OK. Fortunately, they did not last long to have a chance to fall down! My chams love them. I've never seen my Veil rush food like that ever. He ate more butterworms at that feeding then any other feeder since I've had him. Must be the bright orangish color.

They don't wriggle enough for my Chameleon to be interested, my dragon didn't care for them either....picky!

Recieved my butterworms yesterday. They seem to grip my vines and wooden dowels OK. Fortunately, they did not last long to have a chance to fall down! My chams love them. I've never seen my Veil rush food like that ever. He ate more butterworms at that feeding then any other feeder since I've had him. Must be the bright orangish color.

My female Veiled loves them too she watchs me drop them in her feeder cup and as soon as I am done she runs down to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom