Busy schedule?

LexiV

Hey y'all,
I am new to this site and new to chameleons. I have been researching/ wanting a chameleon for years and now that I finally have my own place it's the right time to get one! I have been slowly purchasing all the items I need. Almost fully ready.
I have sort of a crazy work schedule because I work 3 jobs. part time front desk/ part time waitress/ part time babysitter. Here is a basic look at what my schedule is.
Tuesdays gone 230pm-730pm
Wednesdays gone 8-9am then 4-10pm
Thursdays gone 9am-730pm
Fridays gone 4pm-10/11pm
Saturdays gone 10am-10pm
Sundays gone 9am-11am and 3-10pm
Mondays gone 8-9am and 4-10pm

I am just trying to see if anyone has any advise on the best feeding times for me? I have a mistking system and timers for lights and all the stuff I need to be gone for long periods of the day/night. Just hoping for some advise and general discussion on what others do who have long work days too.
Thanks!

I usually feed in the am! Mistking for drinking & all my lights are on a timer! 20 chameleons/ 15 babies/ 121 eggs! Lololollolololl!

It seems like u have a busy n different schedules,if that was me I will set ur light n misting timer earlier,get urself up early start gutloading all the nutritions to ur feeders n urself,then put some feeder in the feeding cup or let them roam in ur cage,put ur make up on n go to work for every day except Tuesday n Friday,other than those day u can go back to sleep or do whatever u feel like.
I dont have as many cham now as Mr Blang...8 naughty adult chams,71growing healthy babies n 61eggs including a abnormal twin good looking egg that I name him "pong pong":).

Hey y'all,
I am new to this site and new to chameleons. I have been researching/ wanting a chameleon for years and now that I finally have my own place it's the right time to get one! I have been slowly purchasing all the items I need. Almost fully ready.
I have sort of a crazy work schedule because I work 3 jobs. part time front desk/ part time waitress/ part time babysitter. Here is a basic look at what my schedule is.
Thursdays gone 9am-730pm
Fridays gone 4pm-10/11pm
Saturdays gone 10am-10pm

I am just trying to see if anyone has any advise on the best feeding times for me? I have a mistking system and timers for lights and all the stuff I need to be gone for long periods of the day/night. Just hoping for some advise and general discussion on what others do who have long work days too.
Thanks!

I would get adult since they will be fed every other day and you can probably feed them at 9 or 10 AM right before you go to work and then just get an automatic mister and a timer for their lights and you should be good. Be sure to get calcium to list your crickets... My chameleon is sick right now, but he is getting better. Also have a screen cage or build a costom one if you like.

Good for you! I too have wanted a chameleon my whole life and just recently made the plunge. You will be more than happy with your desicion. I too have very little "spare" time. I have a full time job starting at 6 and usually get home around 4, and have a small mowing business with my dad that I do most all day Saturday as well as one to two weekdays after my day gig. As far as your schedule goes you will just have to see what works best for you and your cham. For your chameleon will be just as unique as you. I'm lucky to have a wife that helps when I'm not around. I would suggest a feeding cup that you could load in the morning if you free range like me, or if you have an enclosure just "free range" the feeders in the chams cage. Don't put to many at a time, you have to find your chams sweetspot. And be sure to clean out any dead feeders as soon as you notice them. You can do this if you really want it which I can tell you do. So I day go for it. This forum has so much knowledge and instruction. Come here often research research then more research. You won't be disappointed with your new found life choice, I promise, just give your cham everything they need and deserve and then some.

Good luck,light,and love to you and yours
Dave

Im not as lucky as the above poster Dave n his wife,If my ex girlfriend still around,she will open the Windows n let all my pets out including the chameleons,n throwing her shoes at me all day even her Tempax,that why I replace her with the timers so they can only turn me on in the morning.

As for the wife satisfaction not always guaranteed if used in anyway other than manufacturers instructions warranty is void. Not machine washable. ...

100%a joke I love my wife very much
And women in general are just magnificent creatures. Back to chameleons though. Sorry to derail

As for the wife satisfaction not always guaranteed if used in anyway other than manufacturers instructions warranty is void. Not machine washable. ...

100%a joke I love my wife very much
And women in general are just magnificent creatures. Back to chameleons though. Sorry to derail
They like shoes......lots pairs shoes.
We put lots branches for our chameleons,they use more racks n space just for shoes.

Hey y'all,
Thursdays gone 9am-730pm
Fridays gone 4pm-10/11pm
Saturdays gone 10am-10pm

Thanks!
Your hours are not so bad and a chameleon is actually the perfect pet for working people. I'm retired so I have six saturdays and a Sunday so I'm always on the go. Set your mister and lights on a timer. Give him enough food in the am. And if possible add a dripper, my baby don't get much water from the mister but he loves the dripper since I got my dripper his urates are white as the driven snow. Once you are set you can go to work and not worry. He knows his bedtime and will enjoy the time to himself. Good luck you won't be sorry I love my baby it was the best decision I've ever made.

I love shoes and bags. But my Cham is number 1
Thats awasome n I love my cham too,as long every woman dont get mad when their man love their pet n stop being violent n throwing shoes n Tempax at them!! I always respect them all except my stalking crazy ex.she should learn how to listen,understanding and compromise =alphakenc love instead of setting her to be free!!

Your hours are not so bad and a chameleon is actually the perfect pet for working people. I'm retired so I have six saturdays and a Sunday so I'm always on the go. Set your mister and lights on a timer. Give him enough food in the am. And if possible add a dripper, my baby don't get much water from the mister but he loves the dripper since I got my dripper his urates are white as the driven snow. Once you are set you can go to work and not worry. He knows his bedtime and will enjoy the time to himself. Good luck you won't be sorry I love my baby it was the best decision I've ever made.
Thanks Nilsa! So do you think on the days I have to leave early for work I could just leave his food in a cup feeder and it should be fine for the day until I get home late? or should I try and always make sure he eats them all of I take them all out before I leave?

You can just load the cup in the morning he may or may not eat them. My Blanche will not eat from a cup so I get up a little earlier and try to get atleast 5 feeders in her before I leave usually more but at least 5 and water her really good, I don't have a misting system. Then around lunch my wife feeds and waters again then around 4-5 I feed and water again. Twice a day I run a cheap humidifier to keep humidity up.you will just have to see what works best for you.

You can just load the cup in the morning he may or may not eat them. My Blanche will not eat from a cup so I get up a little earlier and try to get atleast 5 feeders in her before I leave usually more but at least 5 and water her really good, I don't have a misting system. Then around lunch my wife feeds and waters again then around 4-5 I feed and water again. Twice a day I run a cheap humidifier to keep humidity up.you will just have to see what works best for you.
ok cool. I live by myself and dont really have anyone that can help me during the day so I have timers set up for everything haha. Im just worried about not being able to feed it at ok times because sometimes I am literally at work from 9am-10pm

Just try some feeder cups they work for most, when I had mine in her cage at first I would just put 6 or so different feeders in her cage in the morning for the most part they were all gobbled up by the time I got off work. Don't worry to much as long as you give it your all you will be rewarded.

I'm a full time xray student, so I'm either at clinic or class 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with rotating "clinic shifts" (pm's, weekends or normal days), then on Saturdays I work from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm.. Timers and auto misters: that's the key to it all. I'm up at 4:30 am, lights come on at 6:00 am and I'm out the door by 6:30. I get food in their cups, mister bucket is checked/filled and drippers are filled and I'm gone for the day.

I have several chams and it only takes me a few minutes each day to feed, then a couple hours on the weekend to do maintainence. It'll all come with experience. Trust me you'll be nervous as hell for the first few months and constantly checking/changing your enclosure, but if you follow the advice on this site everything will go fine. Good luck!

I'm a full time xray student, so I'm either at clinic or class 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with rotating "clinic shifts" (pm's, weekends or normal days), then on Saturdays I work from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm.. Timers and auto misters: that's the key to it all. I'm up at 4:30 am, lights come on at 6:00 am and I'm out the door by 6:30. I get food in their cups, mister bucket is checked/filled and drippers are filled and I'm gone for the day.
ok cool! Just making sure its ok to leave the food in the cups for the day even if they haven't eaten it all by the time I have to leave. Thanks! That helps me feel better! :)

I leave feeders in the cup all the time. Try not too overnight though. you can place a piece of carrot of veggie green in the feeder cup to give the crickets something to chew on while they are waiting to be consumed by your cham. (y)

Back
Top Bottom