Bumps on chameleon eggs.

It's hard to give tou a time to check it...but if it does come out of the egg and walk around in there it should be fine for a while. It might roll the other egg...but if the other egg is close to hatching (from the same clutch) it shouldn't matter. It may even stimulate the remaining egg to hatch.

It can be moved to the cage when it's up and around...but when you go to take it out....don't leave the lid off for long when the other egg still has to hatch.

I can tell you're excited! I don't blame you!☺️

Ok so I have 1 baby with it's head sticking out of the shell. So I decided to help the first baby out since he never cut his shell. & It was stiff. Not alive. I kind of figured something wasn't right. Now with this other 1 that has it's head out. How long do they sit like that? & It seems his eye lids are still kind of transparent.
Also, they often look dead when they first come out. Don’t mess with them. Just leave them alone and let nature take its course.

It's hard to give tou a time to check it...but if it does come out of the egg and walk around in there it should be fine for a while. It might roll the other egg...but if the other egg is close to hatching (from the same clutch) it shouldn't matter. It may even stimulate the remaining egg to hatch.

It can be moved to the cage when it's up and around...but when you go to take it out....don't leave the lid off for long when the other egg still has to hatch.

I can tell you're excited! I don't blame you!☺️
Thank you for all of your help. ❤️

So now his yolk sac has shrunk a lot. But it is black now. & He sits with his eyes closed for a few then will run around again, then close his eyes again. On & off.

He has his eyes closed 80% of the time. Has this black yolk sac left. He has a good grip & getting around fine. But his eyes being closed so much is what I'm mostly concerned with.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_133641764.jpg
    IMG_20220527_133641764.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20220527_090242771.jpg
    IMG_20220527_090242771.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 80
How are you keeping it now? What specific lights do you have on the cage? Is the UVB light a long linear tube light or a compact?
What's the basking temperature? Is it drinking? Eating?

How are you keeping it now? What specific lights do you have on the cage? Is the UVB light a long linear tube light or a compact?
What's the basking temperature? Is it drinking? Eating?
Uvb linear tub 5.0 no basking. I thought hatchlings were not supposed to have them. The ambient temp is 74. I haven't seen him drink yet. But when I was misting he would rub his face on the leaves. Hasn't ate anything yet. Every time I check on him, he's in a different spot. But has his eyes closed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_141044942.jpg
    IMG_20220527_141044942.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 67
Had another 1 come out this morning. Is this normal? It's alive. But looks like it tried to move but it's yolk sac is stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_092554766.jpg
    IMG_20220528_092554766.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 68
Had another 1 come out this morning. Is this normal? It's alive. But looks like it tried to move but it's yolk sac is stuck.
Geesh....this is not something I want to have to give you advice about. If the yolk is stuck to the egg and you tryntomseparate it, it could rip and might kill the chameleon....however, it's not going to be good if it really is stuck and the chameleon has to drag the yolk and egg around. I've never had this happen to me. I hope someone else has some advice for you.

Geesh....this is not something I want to have to give you advice about. If the yolk is stuck to the egg and you tryntomseparate it, it could rip and might kill the chameleon....however, it's not going to be good if it really is stuck and the chameleon has to drag the yolk and egg around. I've never had this happen to me. I hope someone else has some advice for you.
I don't know if was a good idea but I put a drop of water on the egg shell where the sac was. & She/he has now moved away from the egg. Still has the yolk sac attached, it looks okay now. There is some blood on it. I think that's normal. It doesn't looked stretched out like it did when I took the picture. I think she/he is starting to absorb the yolk sac now. It seems smaller. 🤞

Hopefully it will be ok as long as the yolk doesn't get stuck to a branch or something else.
Seems most of the yolk is gone. I put her in the hatchling bin & she's already going after fruit flies. My other 1 came over to check her out even tho his eyes are closed. He still hasn't ate that I have seen or opened his eyes. Picture of how much yolk sac is left. & The second 1 is pretty sure a male. I hope he pulls through. 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_154835726.jpg
    IMG_20220528_154835726.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220528_155049301.jpg
    IMG_20220528_155049301.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 73
Although it would have been good to hear it is drinking, I was hoping you could give it some food while it had its mouth opening and shutting while drinking. So much for that.

Are you misting the cage with a very very fine spray at all during the day so it might stimulate it to drink?

Is it the long linear UVB light you are using on th cage? Either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%?

Although it would have been good to hear it is drinking, I was hoping you could give it some food while it had its mouth opening and shutting while drinking. So much for that.

Are you misting the cage with a very very fine spray at all during the day so it might stimulate it to drink?

Is it the long linear UVB light you are using on th cage? Either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%?
Yes reptisun 5.0 bulb. fits the whole length of the baby bin. & I have been misting about 30 sec 4 or 5x a day. He has started moving around again. Even had his eyes open for awhile this time. He seemed to get more active when I put the other chameleon in with him. Still haven't seen him eat or drink yet.

Hmmm. Given the potential issues you have been seeing with these veiled chameleons hatching, I am curious about a couple of things. Are the parents still around? Were they from different "lines" or is it possible it was siblings that bred with each other to produce these eggs?

Back
Top Bottom