Bumps on chameleon eggs.

There's these tiny bumps on all the eggs. Like little snowflakes all over every egg. Anyone know what could of caused this? They were just laid yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20220509_100929603.jpg
    IMG_20220509_100929603.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20220509_100940911.jpg
    IMG_20220509_100940911.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 86
You seem to be having a lot of issues with eggs...are they all from the same clutch? In the same container?

Are they all veiled eggs?

I had a feeling they were Panther eggs....Panther eggs do get marks/lines on them, but it's the first time I've seen bumps like that.

They look like good eggs to me though.

What happened with the other eggs in your threads?

What is too hot to incubate eggs at? I don't have Central air. & It's been warming up here. I used my infrared temp gun & where I keep my eggs says 80 degrees. I have a couple window air conditioners but that's not helping where they are at.

Veiled & panther. My veiled eggs were at 68 for 5 months then between 72/74. But now with this surge in heat they were at 80. I found on spot under my desk on the floor. Said 74 degrees. So I'm keeping them there now. Hope no more we're harmed. I'm going to have to just get an incubator. Thank u for all that info. They shouldn't have too much longer but my panther eggs are only a couple days old.

So I now I'm probably not supposed to... My egg has been sweating going on day 3. & Has shrunk. Have 2 others starting to sweat. Going on 8 months. So this should be hatch time. 🤞 Ok so I candled the 1st egg that started sweating 3 days ago & it looks like there is blood in the egg. Is that normal? It's not on the outside of the egg, in the inside.

Ok so I have 1 baby with it's head sticking out of the shell. So I decided to help the first baby out since he never cut his shell. & It was stiff. Not alive. I kind of figured something wasn't right. Now with this other 1 that has it's head out. How long do they sit like that? & It seems his eye lids are still kind of transparent.

Attachments

• IMG_20220526_075645268.jpg
    IMG_20220526_075645268.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 80
They can sit like that for a couple of days...they're usually absorbing the remaining yolk. You don't want to keep taking the lid off the container because the shell will/may dry out and the baby won't be able to getbout.
Ok. How often should I check? & Won't it roll the other egg crawling around? When I should I move it into the enclosure. I am so excited. 8months is a long wait. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom