Bump on the eye, help?!

I looked online and some people have had their vet recommend cat food or baby food. It doesn't sound like it's been an issue as long as they aren't eating it long term. Anybody have experience with this?

His behavior is so inconsistent right now, and its hard to tell if its from the sickness or being stressed. Yesterday he had lots of energy and started exploring his cage a lot, but then he took an afternoon nap. I've also noticed his color has been much, much lighter at night than it has been the past few weeks. Is that a good or bad sign?

Our cham has been on the calcium and a/d cat food for about a week now, and our vet is out of town so we went to another one to see if we should continue the force feeding or cut back on it. This vet said the cat food is fine for short-term feeding. My chameleon is looking much better - his eyes are almost back to normal, and the vet said his mouth and weight are healthy. She suggested we start transitioning the force feeding to mushed crickets or worms, so that he can get use to the natural taste of his food and will hopefully go back to hunting his food again. We are trying today to mush up his food and will continue to do that until he starts using his tongue again. Hopefully that will be soon! The good thing is that he is no longer lethargic/napping, his eyes are staying open during the day, and he's not as skinny as he was last week.

If anyone else has had to transition their force feeding to natural feeding, how did it go? And how long did it take?

My panther blaze has the same problem and im taking him to the vet tomorrow to get this fixed!!! Hope he has the same thing too so i can take care of it sooner rather then later!!!

Back
Top Bottom